2017 f350 6.7l fuel tank vacuum

uncool

Reaction score
It is all part of emissions. Cant have stray vapors causing climate change. blah blah.

If it was a gas motor, yes it will give a code. Not sure about the diesel.

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
It is all part of emissions. Cant have stray vapors causing climate change. blah blah.

If it was a gas motor, yes it will give a code. Not sure about the diesel.
Oh yes the climate change lol...

Yeah I wasn't sure if these new diesels had any kind of evap system on them either like the gasers.

Thinking about this at work today. I remember there was a little spring in the fuel cap as well.

Inside the fuel cap there's a hole down the center with a rubber seal held in the sealed position with spring pressure. So as fuel is being burnt it creates a vacuum enough to overcome the spring pressure letting in sufficient air. So in actuality the tank just keeps breathing in and in and in, never venting. So thinking about it now the vacuum that I'm hearing is not enough to overcome the spring.

Didn't realize that's how it works.

Working as designed I'd say.

Not dumb just slow..lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Powerstroke 33

Reaction score
My 2019 6.7 does it hard enough to suck tank in and limits capacity, (actually runs out of fuel with fuel left in tank)
Had to blow tank back in shape with air to get it to use all the fuel

Hasn't thrown any codes, I've been running cap loose to avoid sucking it back in

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My 2019 6.7 does it hard enough to suck tank in and limits capacity, (actually runs out of fuel with fuel left in tank)
Had to blow tank back in shape with air to get it to use all the fuel

Hasn't thrown any codes, I've been running cap loose to avoid sucking it back in
Have you talked to ford about it and how low are you running the tank?

Powerstroke 33

Reaction score
I have not talked to ford, typically run it pretty low as I make a lot of long trips.

I'm putting a Titan in it next week, so I'll be able to look it over and hopefully figure something out.

Latest posts