2022 F250 Build/Mod/Spam Thread

ToMang07

Reaction score
Ahhh.. makes sense now.

Holy shit. Nice avatar pic
It's better as a gif.... but apparently you can't do gifts anymore.
d3ab2d2ed6e92c92452f06d36ee61baa.gif

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
So one thing I noticed is I really like the engine braking in the hills, very cool feature, HOWEVER, I noticed it makes the transmission drop a couple gears when you use it. I think I'll refrain from using it not towing.... excepting large hills.

Black AOD

Reaction score
So one thing I noticed is I really like the engine braking in the hills, very cool feature, HOWEVER, I noticed it makes the transmission drop a couple gears when you use it. I think I'll refrain from using it not towing.... excepting large hills.

What I’ve noticed is how much top end power is lacking on the highway without dropping at least 2 gears. This tiny 54mm turbo has to work hard to get into that power band at those speeds. Low end is great though especially with 3.55 gearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
What I’ve noticed is how much top end power is lacking on the highway without dropping at least 2 gears. This tiny 54mm turbo has to work hard to get into that power band at those speeds. Low end is great though especially with 3.55 gearing

I haven't spent any real highway time in mine yet, but for stock, I have no complaints yet. My commute doesn't usually get much above 60mph. But I have no complaints about the 331s.... RPMs are wicked low.
20220609_052731.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score

What's crazy is how much power they can get out of that little turbo and the "low" boost they run.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Definitely think I'm gonna do a small Readylift on it. I don't know why the 1.5" difference bothers me so much, but seeing how much shorter this BIGGER truck is is bugging the hell out of me. The Readylift one is really just a leveling kit with F350 rear blocks and u-bolts, but for $600 and keeping the factory ride... yes please.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Details on it?

Fully loaded star white f350 cclb srw limited. Every option on it (it’s a limited so it’s already loaded) 3.55 gearing and cab lights and a bed liner and vinyl floors.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well, probably going to order the Readylift 2.5" "Lift" today.... AKA leveling kit with 4" rear blocks/u-bolts. Going to order Bilstein 5100s and a Superlift Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer as well. Probably gonna throw on the 2° casters for good measure since they're only $60.

ToMang07

Reaction score
$335 for the Superlift Dual Steering Stabilizer w/Bilstein shocks.
$515 for the Readylift 2.5" Front/Rear kit.
$370 for Bilstein 5100s (4)

$1,220. Not terrible.

Should have the Line-X done today as well, then the Magnum Rack and Mx4 Bakflip Tonneau can go on. Carhartt seat covers (front and rear) came in yesterday too... not sure I like these ones, they have a very light foam padding that I think is gonna be a pain.

ToMang07

Reaction score
What’s that latch lid attachment and the added stabilizers for ?

Latch lid blocks of the latches so they can't be popped as easily, to stop people from stealing the tailgate and/or tail lights. They have security screws in the taillights too.

The shock is just a shock so you can drop the gate and it won't fall, I believe the top level trucks have a factory version but it's built into the right bottom post instead. This is a cheap, effective alternative. Had it on my last truck.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Latch lid blocks of the latches so they can't be popped as easily, to stop people from stealing the tailgate and/or tail lights. They have security screws in the taillights too.

The shock is just a shock so you can drop the gate and it won't fall, I believe the top level trucks have a factory version but it's built into the right bottom post instead. This is a cheap, effective alternative. Had it on my last truck.

I see. I like that latch lid thing. That’s cool. Might look into that

Latest posts

Members online