250cc vs 300cc injectors

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Current injectors in my truck are FFD 250/100's. I'm planning on pulling my injectors out in the near future and swapping out the 100% nozzles for 200% nozzles. Is it worth upgrading from a 250cc to a 300cc at the same time? Will I notice the extra 50cc?

fordman67

Reaction score
I will say going from 225/100 to 250/200.
There is nothing bad to say. I feel like egt is actually better.
Not what exactly your question answered but hey... Lol

PABowhunter

Reaction score
I'm definitely going with 200% nozzles. Have wanted to for years.

I know I would get a slight increase in power assuming the extra fuel can be emptied.

Is there a big difference in tuning between a 250/200 vs a 300/200?

fordman67

Reaction score
I don't know about the tuning deal but I am not looking back after stepping up.

The step up to 300 I have heard is a costly one I believe on the fuel side.

fordman67

Reaction score
You don't want my observation of the hb jr pump.
I had one tuner say my t500 is junk tho.
I have not had any 1211 so IMO it's good to go.

superpsd

Reaction score
The Honey Badger SR is keeping my B code 350/200s happy but I have them detuned to likely under 400hp as I don't have enough air and fuel flow. If you can find a good SRP1.1 dynoproven can turn it into a SR. Other than that it's dual pumps or gen 3.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
You can run 300/200 with just a adrenaline or honey badger Jr. And it will still run good but when I put a gen 3 on top it really woke my truck up. In my opinion if you are gonna spend the money to get that much fuel you might as well spend the money to get enough oil to drive them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PABowhunter

Reaction score
I agree. Those hpops weren't made to run that size injector to their full potential. Going with a Gen 3 or dual setup would be a much better setup for maximum performance.

fordman67

Reaction score
On a big tune.

Although I talked to Jonathan several months ago and he said he had the jr holding pressure with 300/200's.

Lmao I know 2 guys that went from t500 to hb jr and had way more 1211s
That was with 160/0 stixs. One pump was bought back and the other is rotting on a shelf. Heck I spoke with one vendor that builds pumps and they saw no improvements in the hb over stock.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I am scheduled to live tune with dyno proven at the end of September. Hopefully the motor will be done by then but I will be running a 20 degree pump from them. Worried it won't keep up.

superpsd

Reaction score
You can send them a SRP1.1 and they can turn it into what they call a SR but as far as I knew they were working on a actual SR pump as well?

So a JR is a 20° pump? Website says redesigned swashplate angle?

Last edited:

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Yea, not sure what's up with the Sr's. Enough about hpop's though. We'll save that for another thread.

Back to the tuning aspect of a 250/200 vs a 300/200. Will tuners basically use the same tunes with a little more fuel called for using the 300?

I was told that the upgrade to the 300 would include fuel side mods. Would these mods help throughout the powerband and improve the performance over a 250 without the fuel side mods?

jbolen323

Reaction score
ive been running a MB diesel hpop 20* hpop and it holds great with 250/200 for almost a year now. End of the summer im sending out for a bump in injectors size.

its all in the tuning though, more p.w isnt always more power & bigger injectors don't always make more power either, the 200% helps a lot. you'd be pushing the limit of oil on hpop like stated.

superpsd

Reaction score
I have little knowledge about the fuel side mods. Most of the fuel side mods are proprietary information with most builders. I do recall a post from Tim @ PIS stating that with a 200% nozzle or smaller fuel side mods are not worth it for most setups as the 200% or smaller nozzles will still be the main restriction. It sounds like if your going with 400% nozzles fuel side mods start to really count.

I assume most fuel side mods are just enlarging the path that the fuel takes as it is pushed down out of the barrel and thru the stack and to the nozzle.

Again not the gospel you would have to probably ask your builder specifics.

Latest posts

Members online