300cc injector question

superpsd

Reaction score
Planning ahead to upgrading my injectors and had decided to go bigger than currently needed or can be supported. I rather have something to grow into. I will be detuning the 300s to run with my 15° pump and mechanical fuel. Then upgrade as time and money allows. For a street driven truck what would be the difference between 300/100% vs 200% nozzles? From what I have read 300/200s can be dialed in for a smooth idle is this correct?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Just can't empty that amount of fuel out of a 300cc plunger into a 100 over nozzle. Not enough time.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if its the same price then just go with the 200% nozzle... but beware that tuning might get tricky to get it perfect so you will need to plan on a live tune session.

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
Well hydra/minotaur is on the way. Still need to get AE as well. Might get a Moates QH for live tuning as well later. Long learning curve ahead. I kinda figured 100% would be too small as it does not appear to be a common size.

psduser1

Reaction score
100% nozzle will be a lot easier to tune, guess it depends how long before you go big. If it'll be quite a while, like a couple yrs, I'd go with the 80-100 nozzle and plan on pulling the injectors to swap nozzles when everthung is ready. Practice on the smaller, more forgiving setup, if you're doing your own tuning. Who knows, it may be enough in a manual truck.

superpsd

Reaction score
Well I have time to decide and do more research. I wouln't be ordering until Jan-Feb and I'm going to need time to play with the software and if I am not ready to self tune by then I could always just have someone send me a tune to get started. I probably will just 300/200 it as I don't want to buy twice and don't see myself going about that power level for a long time.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Well I have time to decide and do more research. I wouln't be ordering until Jan-Feb and I'm going to need time to play with the software and if I am not ready to self tune by then I could always just have someone send me a tune to get started. I probably will just 300/200 it as I don't want to buy twice and don't see myself going about that power level for a long time.

Ask the injector folks how much it would cost for a nozzle change down the road.

superpsd

Reaction score
I am pretty much set on 300/200s at this point from what I have read around here and other forums. That is also what I have as well stick/3.55s

m j

Reaction score
350/200s 3.55:1 zf5-47
the tuners all have 200% figured out so it is simply a matter of buying a loaded hydra from gearhead and running the stock/heavy tow tune until you have air and oil to feed the sticks

superpsd

Reaction score
I just got hydrated today. Hydra is up and running already and I bought it along with the minotaur package.