4 link for 99-04 trucks?

02BigD

Reaction score
Does such a thing exist? It would be for a slightly lowered truck.

If they are available, how difficult is the swap?

fastersteve

Reaction score
I never could find one that didn't involve a lift.

Thought about fabbing one up myself, but couldn't find enough info on what to do/not do to make me comfortable trying it.

Layson

Reaction score
Probably cheapest to find some 05+ axles/suspension components and go that route.

ken6881

Reaction score
It can be done personally for a lowered truck and not much travel a radius arm would be easier to setup and build. Also why do you want a 4 link? Wheel hop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastersteve

Reaction score
I wanted one to help with the Excursion wander, and also so I could put whatever spring I liked on it, as well as setting the ride height with a coilover kit. Kill 3 birds with 1 stone.

I ended up putting F codes on it, but now I have to order the DJM kit because they raised the rear 1".
My racecar trailer is pretty heavy, 9-10k.

mustube

Reaction score
Full Traction makes a kit for lifting the truck, I'd talk to them and see if it can be tweaked to work for a slightly lowered truck.

LINK

02BigD

Reaction score
It can be done personally for a lowered truck and not much travel a radius arm would be easier to setup and build. Also why do you want a 4 link? Wheel hop?

I asked due to curiosity, and wanting to focus some activity to something other than the drivetrain of the 04.

Full Traction makes a kit for lifting the truck, I'd talk to them and see if it can be tweaked to work for a slightly lowered truck.

LINK

Thanks that is interesting.

ken6881

Reaction score
From what you have said radius arm like the 05up trucks with coil springs/ coilover shocks and be done easier with much less engineering to make it work

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
From what you have said radius arm like the 05up trucks with coil springs/ coilover shocks and be done easier with much less engineering to make it work

Exactly why I'm going that route. 05 fresh front end on the stand. They make bolt in 4 link kits

02BigD

Reaction score
Dieselboy, are you putting that on your 02? What needs to be sourced from on 05-07 beyond the axle? Steering components, spring or shock attachments? Or is that stuff supplied with the 4 link setup you are planning on going with?

Is there a difference in width between the rear axle in the back of an 04 and the front axle from the 05-07, or were they all the same? That would be a deal killer because I could never have a truck that had tires that were unevenly spaced in relationship to the truck's body.

Last edited:

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Axle width is different on leaf sprung trucks compared to coil springs. Wheel mounting points are at different widths to be exact.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

Layson

Reaction score
It is all bolt on, little bit of drilling. Spring buckets, axles, radius arm mounts, track bar mount from an 05. You will have to do front and rear axles.

We put an 08 suspension setup on my friends 2000. Only we skipped the 4-link and put OUO ALA's on it. Left the stock leaf springs from the 2000 and put OUO traction bars on it.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I want to do this to my excursion.

I have been looking for a 05+ rolling chassis for a little while now, every time I find one for a good price, someone buys it before I can get to it.

Zmann

Reaction score
just start sourcing parts the coil buckets are the only hard to find item and you can buy them new

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this.

I recently just finished doing my swap, I took a ton of pics to boot. Truck sits 2.25" lower then stock, used a a few PMF products :)

Im workin tons of hours atm. Hopefully I can get a chance and do up a very detailed write up.
Enough the mods could sticky it or tech sect it. As it will cover 95% of the swap

Gimme a few days.
Just a teaser the truck rides a lot nicer off the get go and it needs a full alignment and the 4link kit isn't in yet.
Cant wait to get the 4link and 420s tires on and see if I can drop a tenth off my 60'

Latest posts

Members online