4 link

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just getting rid of the rubber bushings will help a lot for axle hop. They are the best for ride quality though.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
To the OP..

You don't have a sig and your picture is a OBS...so if your asking about getting a 4 link for it we have whats needed but you will need '05 axles etc plus you will need to drill grind and weld.

Cary

Gootee

Reaction score
To the OP..

You don't have a sig and your picture is a OBS...so if your asking about getting a 4 link for it we have whats needed but you will need '05 axles etc plus you will need to drill grind and weld.

Cary

Sorry, I was asking for a friend and yes I'm interested as well but this was for a friend with an 08. Thank you for clarifying as well.

Last edited:

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Are all these kits going to give you the same amount of room for rubbing with a super wide tire? I'm looking for the best offroad capability and the wider a tire i can run without rubbing the radius arms/4 link arms the better!

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
understood that but I'm pretty sure you do gain a bit more clearance with a 4 link vs. a stock radius arm. Atleast I feel like i've seen that on someones web page (no flaming, a legit place like Truck toys or something)

I just didn't know how all the different kits connect and are built.. I'm interested in ground clearance too really.. like the Rize kits look MASSIVE and kill GC

BFT

Reaction score
Are all these kits going to give you the same amount of room for rubbing with a super wide tire? I'm looking for the best offroad capability and the wider a tire i can run without rubbing the radius arms/4 link arms the better!

how much of a wider tire are you looking to run? im planning on going with a stock off set for wheels in the future so i dont destroy my fenders.

i run a 13.5 tire with pro comp wheels (dont know the off set) and have their replacement radius arms without a drop bracket, and it doesnt rub. im sure it would rub with a factory off set

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Doesn't wheel backspacing have more to do with it than offset? I could be wrong, but that is what I have always thought. The less backspacing the more the tire is brought out in comparison to more backspacing.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Doesn't wheel backspacing have more to do with it than offset? I could be wrong, but that is what I have always thought. The less backspacing the more the tire is brought out in comparison to more backspacing.

Correct to.a degree

BFT

Reaction score

I figured they were the same?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Googled it....

Offset - The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel.

Backspacing - he distance from the mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel. This measurement is closely related to offset (without actually measuring, backspacing is about equal to [Wheel Width / 2] + [Offset] + [about 1/4] ).

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
IMO only thing that matters is backspacing..adjust it to get more room from leaf springs or the radius arms as needed..to clear wider tires..so much easyer to just have BS of measurements of the rims..then no math is needed.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Backspacing and offset are two different ways of telling you the same thing. for example. a 17x10 wheel with a 4" backspacing is the same as saying a 17x10 wheel with a +1" offset. Which means the center line of the wheel mounting surface is offset 1" to the inside of the wheel.

But a 17x9" wheel with a 4" backspacing would only be a +0.5" offset.

As far as tire clearance goes. Its easier to pay attention to backspacing.

Learning how everything works is how I was able to fit 20x10 BMF wheels with 365/65/20 (37x14) toyo a/t on an 04 F-350 with only a 2" leveling kit...

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I have Icons 4-Link and have been very satisfied with it. The quality of the product is great and my truck rides nice and smooth. I'm running OUO traction blocks in the back to complete my lift and have been really pleased with those as well. The few times I have launched my truck at 15 Psi it has felt solid, planted, and totally stable despite its size.

Latest posts

Members online