4in. or 5in.

Big_Mack

Reaction score
Guys deleting 2015s are you running 4 in. or 5 in. exhaust? I'm assuming the tone is different between the two.

BK39

Reaction score
You want it loud? I put 5" on mine, too loud. Put a 30" resinator on it..........now it's too quiet lol. I'd buy a 4" if I did it all over again.

BK39

Reaction score
It was mostly the low rpm fueling that had a drone to it, drove me nuts. All my previous trucks, 7.3, a couple 6.0s, a 6.4......had 5" exhaust, and they never bothered me, but this truck......couldn't do it.

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
I have 4" delete pipe that runs to the 5" filter back from before deleting. In cab drone is almost non-existent. The trucks I've been in with all 5" have had bad in cab drone. All 2011-2014 trucks, but I'm sure it's comparative.

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
I'm glad this thread got started. I'm ready to by exhaust and torn between the two also. I read somewhere that 4" limited the truck at around 600hp. Does anyone have proof of that?? I've always ran 4" on my other diesels. I personally think the 4" sounds cleaner. But I don't want to go with it and later when I swap turbo's find out it's not enough.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
There are multiple trucks over 1000 HP with 4"
I want quiet so I'm going with 4" plus a 24" Magnaflow muffler into the 5" DPF back kit that's already installed. If it's too loud I'll throw in an FTE resonator.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
5" for look and sound. No difference in power. I'll give a discount to anyone needing exhaust. Shoot me a pm.

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
Also while we are on this subject, is there any difference in sound with aluminum vs stainless?? I've heard gas burners with stainless that sound awesome.

maxxedout

Reaction score
I'm running a 4" downpipe back system, and it sounds pretty good... No drone whatsoever. If I could do it again, I'd go with a 5" instead though, just for the sound.

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
I'm running a 4" downpipe back system, and it sounds pretty good... No drone whatsoever. If I could do it again, I'd go with a 5" instead though, just for the sound.

Do you have a video clip of your exhaust? I could only find a couple on YouTube and they was all of the truck idling.

W219cls55

Reaction score
I've owned 2-6.0's and 2-6.4's that have all had 4" exhaust. This is my first 6.7 2015 and decided to go with a 5" flo-pro with a 30" magna-flow muffler and I think Ivregret not having gone 4". I might take off and put 4". It "feels" like it loses power too but I won't know until i put 4". If I Decide to.

Last edited:

Big_Mack

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys I'm thinking I'll just go with the 5 inch. Go big or go home, right?

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
Meh. I got nothin to prove, and I enjoy not hearing only engine noise in the cab.

KingStroker

Reaction score
I am running 4" delete pipes with a 5" filter back behind. It was a little too loud for me, being in town mostly. So I went with an Aero resonator on the 4" section and it definitely smoothed up the sound, I wouldn't recommend the aero if you're looking to get a whole lot quieter, but it did kill almost all the cab drone. FWIW

gfulton

Reaction score
I have the 5" also. I think it looks better maybe because it's bigger ( might be trying to compensate for something here)........

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.