4R100 Options

Rupp250

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a trans. I've looked through some of the old threads and most of them get into pissing matches. Just want to know who is selling transmissions. I know of BTS, JW, DieselSite, Dyno Prove, Monster. What else is there? How about who is still doing coverters.

Truck may get 238/80's but most likely trhey will be detuned some do to stockish fueling setup.
Will be making some phone calls this upcoming week.

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
I will have a BTS for sale shortly. Fresh from BTS but at a discounted price. If you go that route PM me.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Where are you located? It would be an important factor in people giving advice. Your power levels might not be extremely high, but I believe having your dealer/builder close to your location for support/service is important. For me, also being stock power, I made the decision to rebuild my own. I'm my own service/warranty guy, and if it fails, I can only blame me and fixing it is just my time. I also have ford transmission training and experience, so that's different.

I haven't personally ran any of their transmissions, but BTS, JW, Twisted all have good track record. Anything from Dieselsite usually has a solid reputation but I haven't heard anything about their transmissions yet. Other option, buy a 4r100 HD from ford, swap in a converter and a transgo kit.

Last edited:

Rupp250

Reaction score
I'm located in California near SF. I actually used to work for a trans shop. I will have them R&R it. I don't trust many of the builders in this area to build it. I thought abought going with the Ford HD but what happens down the road if something happens and they won't cover the warranty due to the aftermarket converter? I know they won't catch the Transgo though.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Closest, even though not close, would be John Woods.

As far as the converter goes, yea Ford dealer covers the warranty. But its not like they exchange units, if you have a problem with yours, it would just be a dealer tear down, fix whats wrong and re assemble (unless its over their cost cap price). If it needs to be exchanged, reinstall the converter it came with and send it back. If nothing is wrong with the converter, just re install it. If you want it rebuilt, you would have to pick up that cost. Helps if you know someone at a dealer. Could always talk to the trans guy at the dealer you would buy from and see how he feels about doing so.

Latest posts

Members online