4R100 Rebuild kit?

99Stroke

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me who makes a good rebuild kit for a 4r100. I would just send it out to BTS or Twisted Diesel but I need to replace my injectors so my funds full enough to have it sent out so Im doing it myself with the help of a friend whos a Ford Tech. Im planing on building the truck to have around 500 marker sometime in the future so Id like to get a kit that would work for that set up so I dont have to tear it apart in the future and buy another kit as well. Thanks!

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
i'm sure that atleast one of the sponsors here specializes in trans work
if nothing else i can get you a alto red eagle power pack kit, transgo tugger and a triple disc converter. just send me a PM if interested

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
How much do you want to spend? A good triple disk converter will be 1000+ just by it's self. Could get you a price on all the stuff you would need for a rebuild/upgrades if you would like. To do it right I would get a converter, sonnax shift kit, billet input, billet forward drum or e4od drum may hold up but is a gamble at 500hp, e4od low/reverse drum and the sprag etc needed to swap it in, seal kit and clutches.

Last edited:

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
If I were you do I'd use the ford oem spec borgwarner clutches (bts and john wood use) and go as tight on clearances as the ford specs call for, machine down the center support on both sides and use the sonnax snap ring on top and bottom to prevent walking, bts valve body, e4od forward drum thread the hole for the plug and install a set screw, triple disc torque converter preferably a precision industries, sonnax bushing, sonnax locking snap ring for the overdrive piston, and you could just get the stock shafts cryogenically frozen. The secret to a solid transmission isn't a bunch of clutches but a quik apply and release time on the clutch packs (doesn't give the clutches a chance to slip and build heat)

99Stroke

Reaction score
Kk thanks guys! I still have some planing and more research to do but you helped me heading in the right direction haha

Latest posts

Members online