4wd won't engage

T_W6.7

Reaction score
Took the Ford out of storage today and it snowed about 2 feet over the weekend so 4wd is almost a must, never had an issue before when engaging it but it didn't work at all, selector says it's in 4wd and it appears to have good vacuum at the pump. Didn't get out and flip the hubs to lock, was wondering if anyone else has had a problem? I don't know if it's possible to get condensation buildup in the lines, but it does sit for extended periods of time and recently have had extreme temp fluctuations from 70 degrees to -24 within a months time.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Happend to me on a cold day around -4ish. I never messed with it and it never happens again. Sure there was condensation involved. My old man says to switch it on every once and a while just to keep it up and up haha

T_W6.7

Reaction score
Happend to me on a cold day around -4ish. I never messed with it and it never happens again. Sure there was condensation involved. My old man says to switch it on every once and a while just to keep it up and up haha

yeah, mine's in a heated shop right now, gonna try to eliminate all potential issues before throwing parts at it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.