4X4 Not locking automatically in

Redman920-06 350

Reaction score
06 F350 6.0 STOCK

So my trucks been doing this awhile, just started thinking about it and figured worth a look, But to no avail so time to start A new thread.

I can manually put the truck in 4x4 (lock the hubs) and it works but the blower will not switch off defrost, as this is the default. Ive been told a vacuum leak is common, I replaced the vacuum motor under the hood on the right hand side thinking that was the problem....No luck :doh:.

I'm wondering where you guys have had to repair yours, is there just a few spots that the hoses rub threw?

THANKS in advanced! :thumbup:

Redman920-06 350

Reaction score
2005/06 A/C or Ventilation Control Problems:
Trucks built between 9-15-04 to 6-8-05 may blow air out of the defrost vents with the mode selector in other positions. The vacuum pump may also run excessivly. Lower the glove box and inspect the vacuum lines to see if they are wraped around the panel/floor door actuator rod. If the hoses are wraped around the rod, inspect for damage to the hoses. If the hoses cannot be repaired, replace them with part number 5C3Z-19D699-AA for automatic temp control or 5C3Z-19D699-BA for manual climate control.
TSB 05-14-9.

Ill start here XD

Latest posts

Members online