4x4 wont engage

akf250

Reaction score
4x4 wont engage the front wheels. My transfer case rotates when engaged so im thinking its a vaccum leak from the dual vaccum control module to the hubs? Does this sounds right? Anyone else have any problems with there 4x4? this is the second time its gone out in 2 years

907DAVE

Reaction score
Check the vacuum lines where they connect to the frame brackets on both sides (in the wheel wells). Pretty common for them to break there.

08murderedout

Reaction score
I just bought my 3rd 6.4. Its a king ranch and has the manual 4wd lever on the floor lol. The guy said he ordered like that. i didnt even know they still put those in super dutys

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
If you have your AC running, and switch it to 4wd does the AC go to defrost? If it does, it's from a vacuum leak. Either a hose off somewhere or the solenoid is bad. My 4wd solenoid (can't remember the name) was bad. Was about $50 at the dealer. Mine was on the pass side fenderwell.

EvilTwins

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help but going to put it up anyway. Im currently having an issue with the 4x4 system and will share my info if it helps. Its a PDF from the service manual. The only hang up is, the info is from Jan of 2008 and has not been updated.

https://files.me.com/dgmcbride/ch95gl

akf250

Reaction score
Thanks. Lot of good info here. Now I can start really start diagnosing

Latest posts

Members online