500hp-ish OBS?

OBS F350

Reaction score
^Ya traveling outside of NYS is a possibility...

I'm doing the mods/tranny work at the same exact time, I'll be driving 20miles @ most w/ the stock tranny before I install the trans mods. I have steel cut gears stock, and will be doing a good VB and TC, combined with good tuning.

I would say have at it then, from my experience with my OBS, 160's were great, they kept me happy at 17. It made great power, which I mean is nothing compared to my 6.4 or 6.0. But in all honesty I would love to get back into an OBS if it was the same setup as my last one. Might just be because it was my first truck, but I would much rather DD that then my other trucks ATM. Maybe when I get older and don't want to listen to it rattle and have a real smooth ride my opinion will change. But I always have an itch to go out and buy another OBS.

As everyone has said before, you might as well go big if you have plans for good power, don't want to buy injectors then 2 months down the road be thinking man I should have gone bigger. Do it once and be done :p.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I would say have at it then, from my experience with my OBS, 160's were great, they kept me happy at 17. It made great power, which I mean is nothing compared to my 6.4 or 6.0. But in all honesty I would love to get back into an OBS if it was the same setup as my last one. Might just be because it was my first truck, but I would much rather DD that then my other trucks ATM. Maybe when I get older and don't want to listen to it rattle and have a real smooth ride my opinion will change. But I always have an itch to go out and buy another OBS.

As everyone has said before, you might as well go big if you have plans for good power, don't want to buy injectors then 2 months down the road be thinking man I should have gone bigger. Do it once and be done :p.

Did you have regular 160/stock or did you have 160/30 on your OBS?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Holy****... will be checking out orange county from now on!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Will-do. Appreciate it. A 6.0 or 6.4 is my next project... maybe I'll just stick with the 160/30's w/ the 7.3 :D

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Btdt. Wont buy another pile of **** dodge with a rank ass inline.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
160/30's are like $850 from rosewoods :D 160/80 is $1000 or something like that. W/ the stock turbo and tp38 w/ gen II ww, I dont see me needing more fuel than a 160/30 eh?

under pressure

Reaction score
Forgot rosewoods has low prices for OBS rebuilds....just remember, if he finds worn parts, your getting charged extra. Many of the obs guys end up paying for a premium rebuild due to poor clearances on highly worn parts.

We built a DIY stg. 2 set from rosewood back in the day for my buddies OBS. Very strong single cab short bed. Too bad he discontinued them.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ya the DIY's woulda been awesome!

If Jim were to find some bad parts in my injectors, I wouldn't be too pissed with having new injectors in my truck :p

So that brings me to another question. With 160/30's is there enough fuel left over to utilize a gen II ww? Or would 160/30's run pretty clean already on a stock tp38, which may mean I need 160/80?

under pressure

Reaction score
dont know yet truthfully, but no matter, both are still 160cc, the 80 may smoke a little more down low (tune dependent)
theres some 180s and WW2 combos being put together, but no info yet, PHP live tuned reported clean hp on 160/stock nozzles and ww2.
look on the nation and org for mild obs builds, theres quite a few 160 &180cc w/stock turbo info.

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Interested in those builds.

I'm aware of 160/30 and 160/80 on tp38 builds.. I'm more concerned (or should I say interested) to know what the genII ww will do on the stock turbo w/ those injectors.

under pressure

Reaction score
its better than the stock wheel..... cfm's are up, egts are down, ebp is down.. its a win if keeping the stock turbo.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I certainly agree... I'm wondering if the 160/30's would provide enough excess fueling for the genII though, or if it will be running dry on fuel at that point.

Latest posts

Members online