5r100 direct drive solenoid

Stroker04

Reaction score
I ordered two new solenoids from Ford for my trans. The first one was the direct drive solenoid, and the second was the coast clutch solenoid. Do they both use the same solenoid?? I got two of the same solenoid and I don't plan on putting them in if its not the right one. The part number is 3C3Z-7J1366-AA.

strokin6L

Reaction score
there's some solenoids in the solenoid body that use the same one. So both of them could use the same solenoid. What's the coast clutch solenoid do by the way?

Stroker04

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I just wanted to make sure on my diagram they are all 7J1366's that ford printed off for me. Chris I honestly don't know I assume it deals with the tow/haul portion of the trans when your not on the throttle thats just a guess though..

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
IIRC the line pressure solenoid is the only unique one, the other 6 are the same.

wrong

pca is is all by itself. direct, and coast are inversely proportional. (they are the same)

tcc,low reverse,intermediate, and overdrive are directly proportional. (they are the same)

forward is engaged through the manual vale in the trans,and does not use a solenoid to engage.

and to answer strokens question: coast solenoid engages the coast clutch. which is used for engine braking, reverse, 1st, 3rd, and 5th(with how haul activated) coast is used for reverse regardless of t/h on,or,off...

Last edited:

Stroker04

Reaction score
I put the regular DD solenoid in it because I didn't have time yesterday to go to the ford dealer. I may still upgrade it though. Shoot me a PM with a price man.

Latest posts

Members online