5r110 build

MINK

Reaction score
Well I'm ready to start gathering parts for my trans build. I'm gonna have a local shop that does mostly dodge trans builds do the work as I am good friends with them. I'm looking for something that will take a beating through towing/drags/sled pulls etc. Suncoast parts seem to be holding up well for everyone? Would you upgrade to new solenoids? What shafts are a must? Should i do the billet flex plate while the trans is out? What would you do diffrently? I really only want to do this once and have no plans to go beyond 800hp on fuel or spray.

My plans as of now:
Suncoast Ironpack Kit
Suncoast Billet Input
Trans-go shift kit
Suncoast converter Part #: 5R110-64-3D-8

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Well I'm ready to start gathering parts for my trans build. I'm gonna have a local shop that does mostly dodge trans builds do the work as I am good friends with them. I'm looking for something that will take a beating through towing/drags/sled pulls etc. Suncoast parts seem to be holding up well for everyone? Would you upgrade to new solenoids? What shafts are a must? Should i do the billet flex plate while the trans is out? What would you do diffrently? I really only want to do this once and have no plans to go beyond 800hp on fuel or spray.

My plans as of now:
Suncoast Ironpack Kit
Suncoast Billet Input
Trans-go shift kit

id look into the intermediate too...i had every other piece billet in my trans when it was built, they didnt make a billet intermediate at the time and i launched and snapped my intermediate on it

so i had to pull the trans and buy the intermediate and have it put in

cbrown

Reaction score
Billet low/reverse hub. When my transmission was built the first time, it got the full Suncoast kit except for whichever shaft is recommended to leave stock. First time the TC was shot, and once the trans was pulled part the low/reverse hub was messed up too. There was no upgrade for it at the time, so back in went a new stock piece. Less than 10,000 miles later, my trans is back out, this time the cause being the low/reverse hub.

Jayz

Reaction score
Billet low/reverse hub. When my transmission was built the first time, it got the full Suncoast kit except for whichever shaft is recommended to leave stock. First time the TC was shot, and once the trans was pulled part the low/reverse hub was messed up too. There was no upgrade for it at the time, so back in went a new stock piece. Less than 10,000 miles later, my trans is back out, this time the cause being the low/reverse hub.

THERES A BILLET 1 NOW BUD IT JUST CAME OUT BOUT A MONTH AGO...I GOT 1 WHEN EDE DID MY TRANS

Jayz

Reaction score

My plans as of now:
Suncoast Ironpack Kit
Suncoast Billet Input
Trans-go shift kit

U wanna build it just once right? Then put every billet part in it along with what u got above. itll handle all that u throw at it, assuming above shop knows what there doing. Hopefully they know the updates avaliable for trans.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
id look into the intermediate too...i had every other piece billet in my trans when it was built, they didnt make a billet intermediate at the time and i launched and snapped my intermediate on it

so i had to pull the trans and buy the intermediate and have it put in

I am still on the stock intermediate. Probably close to 75 passes and almost 40,000 miles.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I see that you have an extended cab...do you know what it weighs in at by chance?

What size tires are you currently running? Any plans to go bigger?

MINK

Reaction score
I see that you have an extended cab...do you know what it weighs in at by chance?

What size tires are you currently running? Any plans to go bigger?

Close to 7900 with me in it. It's leveled on 22x10s with 305/45 nitto 420s. It will either stay this height with 33x13.50 ats or get lowered on another set of nittos. I have no desire for a lifted truck which will help my trans forsure.

Latest posts

Members online