5r110 build

MINK

Reaction score
I would do the suncoast HD converter. The normal one will not hold up over time to extreme abuse. It's cheap insurance to me. Let us know if we can help with anything.

That was another question I had, I dont want to have to deal with any converter issues once this is all done.

Reaction score
The HD Converter is the cummins converter or the hybrid converter. Lots of names but its the same thing. No it does not require anything special to install, just bolts right in.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So your saying a cummins converter will work? Or am I not following you?

The new HD converter for our trucks is a Dodge converter. I wouldn't recommend going out and buying a Dodge tc and throwing it in. Suncoast modified these to be stronger for our rigs and work in the 5r110

MINK

Reaction score
The new HD converter for our trucks is a Dodge converter. I wouldn't recommend going out and buying a Dodge tc and throwing it in. Suncoast modified these to be stronger for our rigs and work in the 5r110

Okay makes sense, I ask because my builder uses all DPC converters so I could probly get a deal. Looks like the Suncoast HD is the way to go.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Its not just a standard cummins converter. It has a lot of the same parts that a cummins converter has inside of it however it is adapted to work on our trucks.

Aaron,

At what horsepower level or abuse level do you think the HD converter is necessary? You know the abuse I have put my truck through and I have had zero issue with the standard SunCoast converter (I am coming up on 40,000 miles with the SunCoast tranny).

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well I am running well under that, and mine failed on a dirt road under less than half throttle. I do have 37's and 4.30's, I think the hp estimate may be wish full thinking.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
When did this HD converter come out? My fricken converter makes a weird noise after racing hard or towing hard and when it unlocks it build heat so fast when towing it is almost impossible to control.

Latest posts

Members online