5r110 questions rebuild

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
tranny didn't hold with new build (700Hp) but that's nothing you'll don't know already :frustrate. So tranny is being built locally due to my builder racing the 6.4's in early 2010 w/success using his tranny builder.

So I got the call today that I need a new housing (alignment pin broke (IDK) burning up clutches but TC is ok?) b/c something split welding it wouldn't be advised due to oil passages so purchasing a new core is needed? Can anyone help explain this ( if I even put out enough\right info you'll can understand).

Then what all do I need to know for that tranny tune to be rewritten due to running custom trans? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks. Jayson

Buckiii2

Reaction score
I went with a Warren Diesel Shop competition Transmission for 4700 that includes a triple disc DPC torque converter. Google them. I am happy with mine so far. Still in the break in process, have 900 miles on it. They told me to take it easy the first 1000 miles then change the fluid. They are extremely swamped, took six weeks to get mine shipped. Luckily nothing was wrong with my factory transmission. Elite Diesel and Sun Coast would be others to look into. Imo

Zmann

Reaction score
So you need a case it happens and if He's local have him show you the damage

if he won't sell you one cheap you can hit Craigslist any 03 up case should fit but dble check

what TC do you have now ?

Zmann

Reaction score
ask your builder about the tunes some builders don't want added line pressures

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
So you need a case it happens and if He's local have him show you the damage

if he won't sell you one cheap you can hit Craigslist any 03 up case should fit but dble check

what TC do you have now ?

Thanks, TC I'm currently running is a fti TC for about 5K miles on stock tranny.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I went with a Warren Diesel Shop competition Transmission for 4700 that includes a triple disc DPC torque converter. Google them. I am happy with mine so far. Still in the break in process, have 900 miles on it. They told me to take it easy the first 1000 miles then change the fluid. They are extremely swamped, took six weeks to get mine shipped. Luckily nothing was wrong with my factory transmission. Elite Diesel and Sun Coast would be others to look into. Imo

Thanks for info.

Zmann

Reaction score
not that you want a OEM but the beauty there is NO CORE liability

in other words they don't charge you for a bad core

I did look at craigs when i was shopping my options and found cores for 250-500

the builder should perhaps give you a credit if you give them more than a case
there are a lot of other reusable parts than can use

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
not that you want a OEM but the beauty there is NO CORE liability

in other words they don't charge you for a bad core

I did look at craigs when i was shopping my options and found cores for 250-500

the builder should perhaps give you a credit if you give them more than a case
there are a lot of other reusable parts than can use

Right on, thanks again. I also ck'd the CL & seen 250-300 for a core locally. Added a locker on the rear also so everything should be fun now.

Latest posts

Members online