6.0 Class Action Law Suit..

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Have to agree with Charles on this one. Ford didn't sue International over the 7.3 or the 6.4. The number of lawsuits surrounding the 6.0 speak volumes about the reliability / dependability of that motor.

As a FYI to those that disagree with the lawsuit and are just throwing the letters out.....by doing so, you've included yourself in the case. "No action is required if you wish to participate in the proposed settlement". This doesn't mean you'll get a check in the mail without further action on your part, but you haven't excluded yourself or objected to the proceedings, either.

On top of the legal fees that will be paid and the money going to the people that initiated the lawsuit, Ford will reimburse up to the following anounts (with conditions, of course):
$475 for an EGR cooler, $525 for an oil cooler, $825 for both an oil cooler and EGR cooler, $200 for an EGR valve, $750 for a turbo, and $375 for one injector ($125 for each additional injector).

wrong. read it again. if you want to be included, theres a form you need to fill out...

Snake

Reaction score
Yes when the time comes..

Yep. By not taking any action now, you're still technically included in the lawsuit. Pursuing your potential settlement comes later and requires additional action on your part.

yeehaw

Reaction score
i'm not gonna argue the case, and i know a lot of people have put money into these trucks and should be reimbursed. I just don't care myself because my truck has never had any work done on it. My orange/white 06 i previously owned had a turbo put in '07 under warranty but now that i don't own that i don't think i can "cheat" the system.

Atsah

Reaction score
i'm not gonna argue the case, and i know a lot of people have put money into these trucks and should be reimbursed. I just don't care myself because my truck has never had any work done on it. My orange/white 06 i previously owned had a turbo put in '07 under warranty but now that i don't own that i don't think i can "cheat" the system.

I don't own either one of mine and I will take the money because both of them put a pretty good size dent in my wallet so the way I see it is, it's there turn to man up for sending a motor out the door plagued with issues..

I look at it this way, if I spend 40 grand on a truck and have to put it in a shop and spend a few grand more to make it reliable, something is wrong..

No way am I getting in a 6.0's are great or they suck spat but they have needed to do something for the people that got screwed from buying a known failure for a long time..

I know you have had good luck with yours and many others also but there are plenty that haven't and it's time Ford suffers some consequences for screwing people that thought they were buying an expensive reliable vehicle and found out the hard way that they did not through no fault of there own.. Letting Ford get off the hook is not an option IMO..

6.4stroke

I put more of the blame on navistar. Navistar put ford in a bad position navistar didn't stand behind ford hence why ford made the 6.7s and cut ties with navistar.

Atsah

Reaction score
I put more of the blame on navistar. Navistar put ford in a bad position navistar didn't stand behind ford hence why ford made the 6.7s and cut ties with navistar.

I agree but Ford is responsible for what they let out the door..

yeehaw

Reaction score
i will have to reread the letter when i get home, if i didn't own the truck under that 100k mile mark do i still get reimbursed? Cause i technically didn't own the orange/white truck til 129k miles.

Atsah

Reaction score
i will have to reread the letter when i get home, if i didn't own the truck under that 100k mile mark do i still get reimbursed? Cause i technically didn't own the orange/white truck til 129k miles.

The repairs have had to have been made within it's first 5 years of service or 100K which ever came first, so your out..

Snake

Reaction score
26 letters? How in the world did you manage to keep food on the table while owning 26 6.0's over the years?! LOL

Bluestroke2004

Reaction score
received my letter yesterday and then threw it out, does not apply to me. My 04 is all original and has not had any of the work listed in letter so that puts me out of the class action membership.

Charles

Reaction score
no one needs you to point out anything. every time a thread pops up about the 6l, you pound on your chest and key board, like someones going to see the light, courtesy of charles.

piss off. maybe you should put your time to good use, and go fix that boat anchor of yours, chalk full of electrical gremlins.

You're too stupid to see the light. It's conceptually outside your abilities.

And only an idiot would attribute the faults of the chassis to the engine. With the chassis problems causing pressure spikes, stripped hpop gears, broken driveshaft joints and broken input shaft, the engine still drives me to and from work each day, and probably still makes more power than your 6blow...

Does it?

LOL

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

And only an idiot would attribute the faults of the chassis to the engine. With the chassis problems causing pressure spikes, stripped hpop gears, broken driveshaft joints and broken input shaft, the engine still drives me to and from work each day, and probably still makes more power than your 6blow...

Does it?

LOL

i think you should bring that wreck to pa, and we will find out.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So much for staying on subject.

no worries, im done

Subject being, the letters must be fake. I mean a class action lawsuit on an engine that nobody has trouble with just makes no sense.

i don't really care one way or another. every brand, every engine. ford chevy and dodge all make me money. thanks.

Last edited:

Atsah

Reaction score
It was probably printed up by a bunch of 7.3 lovers, because at least 10 guys on the internet will tell you straight to your face that there's nothing wrong with the 6oh...

Just pointing out the fact that class-action lawsuits are on the opposite end of the spectrum from where a good product falls, so these letters must be fake since the 6oh is a perfectly good engine.

You must be one of the 10...

Dick.

Does it?

LOL

Subject being, the letters must be fake. I mean a class action lawsuit on an engine that nobody has trouble with just makes no sense.

Nice job wrecking my thread Charles.. LOL

JK, I really don't give a ***...

Mdub707

Reaction score
Not sure if it would even apply to me. I bought my truck used with 14k miles on it, and all work was done under Ford warranty, but I didn't buy the truck new, pretty sure that would exempt me from it anyways. Not that I care, I wouldn't take part in that anyways.

jdc753

Reaction score
The repairs have had to have been made within it's first 5 years of service or 100K which ever came first, so your out..

Not sure if it would even apply to me. I bought my truck used with 14k miles on it, and all work was done under Ford warranty, but I didn't buy the truck new, pretty sure that would exempt me from it anyways. Not that I care, I wouldn't take part in that anyways.

I guess I should really read the letter. I know I have gotten stuff in the mail before for this kinda stuff and never did anything with it. Guess maybe it's the same suit just getting further along. Looks like at best I could get $1,000 for the 6 injectors I got years back, but technically I was out of warranty (by 1 month) when the work got done.

I bought the truck with 49k on the clock and all it ever got under warrenty was a reflash (inductive heating) and then 6 injectors under partial warrenty at 92k. I was 1 month out of warranty, the dealership told me to call Ford and plead my case, Ford ended up paying 50%, so it was only $1200 for parts/labor to change out the 6 injectors.

Truck is sitting outside now with 175,xxx on it, I cleaned the EGR valve once, and did the above repairs before 100k. Truck got xtreme race installed around 76k, studded/deleted with an oil cooler and the misc updates around 113k when it started hydrolocking, back to the race tune at 130k when the sour taste was back out of my mouth. Had to resolder the FICM about a year after the studding, and that's been it *knock on wood* Original turbo, 2 original injectors (and I am not maintenance freak) never been plugged in, just turn the key and drive.

From the stories I've heard I consider myself to have one of the good ones.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.