6.0 crank, no start no smoke

weazel

Reaction score
Ok went out this morning and my girl wouldn't start, she will crank for days, but no start, got home from work unplugged the ICP sensor, still nothing, got a couple codes but nothing else, checked the fuel bowl that is good, so what's next

Sent from my fortress of awesome

weazel

Reaction score
P2285, and the other was p2290 I think, but I only got those when I pulled the ICP lead, I think I may have pooped an HPOP

Commandos888

Reaction score
Do you have a scanner on hand?? if you do can you check the icp and ipr??

Last edited:

Commandos888

Reaction score
What you want to see is if it's building pressure.In data if your engine can't make the minimum of 500 psi to enable the injectors,it will fall into a high pressure oil leak.Now i have change a ton of bad IPR,,stand pipes.And due to its an 04 you would also have to check the pump discharge tube.

weazel

Reaction score
I'll check it all out, I get off work today at noon, I need to hook the batterie charger up to it again

Gary

Reaction score
Plug in the ICP connector, clear your codes and see if they come back. Or if you can read live data see what your ICP is while cranking.

weazel

Reaction score
Plug in the ICP connector, clear your codes and see if they come back. Or if you can read live data see what your ICP is while cranking.

Alright, I have a plan. Tomorrow I'm roping it (dang thing don't fit on our trailer) my good friend owns a fabrication shop, tools are plentiful, sadly diagnostic equipment is not, but next to us there is a mechanics shop, we do allot of stuff for each other, I'm going to have them hook it up to their diagnostic equipment and see if they can narrow it down for me, once they tell me where to point my wrenches I'm good

Latest posts

Members online