6.0 cranks no start

mstetar

Reaction score
I have an 03 with 72,000 miles, I was driving down the road today all was fine then it just shut off like some shut the key off, no missing or hesatation prior and it won't even think of starting. While sitting on the side of the road I did try a little ether out of desperation and still nothing. Still seems to have good compression when cranking and everything lights up as usual but no start. I checked my fuel filter and I've got fuel and and didn't see any water. Seems electrical to me? Any help would be greatly appreciated I really don't want to take it to a shop!

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Sounds like a shorting connection to me. I know it's a different motor but the two wires going to my ebps sensor on my 7.3 chaffed and shorted out computer stopping the motor but let me crank all day long. Went through many diagnostics and a few days before I notice some sparks while having a buddy crank the truck over. Not sure where this could happen on a 6.0 but something to look for

Gary

Reaction score
The first step is to scan it and see what codes it has. If it has a ICP problem, remove the IPR and look for a hole in the screen, if you find a hole it, it probably has debris in it.

mstetar

Reaction score
I've check it for codes it has none. I did get under the truck and look at the icp sensor it seems it's covered in oil and that's one of the signs isn't it?

Gary

Reaction score
I've check it for codes it has none. I did get under the truck and look at the icp sensor it seems it's covered in oil and that's one of the signs isn't it?

On early 6.0's the ICP sensor is next to the IPR, almost everyone of those leaks oil and needs to be replaced along with the connector. It is possible that could cause a no-start.
What does it have for ICP?
Pull the IPR and look at the screen, see if it has a hole.

mstetar

Reaction score
I saw a video on you tube that basically said if your icp was the problem unpluging it would allow it to start. I did that today, no start. Can I actually rule that out or no?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I saw a video on you tube that basically said if your icp was the problem unpluging it would allow it to start. I did that today, no start. Can I actually rule that out or no?

Yes, if you unplugged the icp sensor and it did not start, it's not the problem.

mstetar

Reaction score
Ok well I have a buddy coming to put his computer on my truck and he told me to get all the prameters for the 6.0, I know I've seen them on here before but can't find them now. Can anyone point me the right direction?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.