6.0 cutting out while driving

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I've got a buddy with an 04' 6.0. For the most part the truck is stock, it only has guages, and a separate fuel system for his veggie oil. Let me start out by saying this condition he is experiencing is not relevant to the fuel he's running, it's happening running on diesel to.

While cruising down the road at random the "water in fuel" "glow plug" (and one other light I can't remember) lights come on and the truck returns to idle and coasts. If you take your foot off the accelerator petal and get back into it the lights go away and the truck continues running fine.

I'm at a loss on this one, the only thing that comes to mind is possibly the throttle position sensor but that doesn't explain why the dash lights come on.

Anyone have any input?

Atsah

Reaction score
Sounds like the PCM thinks the truck shut down.. IDK, sounds crazy..

nvme_63

Reaction score
if the pcm thought the truck shut down it would stall. it sounds like the truck is loosing fuel pressure then it defaults to limp mode.

Atsah

Reaction score
if the pcm thought the truck shut down it would stall. it sounds like the truck is loosing fuel pressure then it defaults to limp mode.

Ya, I guess.. Codes should be helpful.. WIF light is what puzzles me..

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Makes no sense to me either, that's why I was saying it sounds just like a bad throttle position sensor but the dash lights don't add up to that.

He's got a fuel pressure gauge and its not loosing fuel pressure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.