6.0 econoline?

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
ynu8aja9.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You can also just lift the body off same a a pickup truck. IMO it's much faster than pulling the engine. But it only works on econolines where the whole body is a van. The ambulances and busses your just stuck pulling out the front. Cams have their own challenges but it would be nice for the purpose the op wants.

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Yes sir, I would have loved to pull the body on the one I just finished. It was built into a camper wouldn't have been any easier. Our shop van will be coming in soon though, body is coming off of that one.
re8y9y4y.jpg
4ybe2aty.jpg

Strokin572

Reaction score
Lifting the cab seems much easier than removing the frontend IMO. I just don't have the room in my shop to lift a cab with a new racecar coming so if I get one I'd probably be stuck pulling the engine. So to pull the engine you have to pull the radiator, intercooler, grill, lights etc., core support, and from there basically all the rest of the stuff off of the front and top of the engine?

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Pretty much, along with oil pan and pick up tube. I also pulled the manifolds and motor mounts for a little more wiggle room.

Strokin572

Reaction score
Well while your doing it you might as well make as much room as you can. I'm starting to watch for one of these vans I haven't seen many by me but I'm only going to get an extended one when I find one. I don't think this is enough to make me not want to get one.

Latest posts

Members online