6.0 injector stiction

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Ought to try archoil's 9100 next time. Blew everything else out of the water that I've tried at the shop.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

Fordguy100

Reaction score
Do the spool valves just get sludges up or dirty over time?

I'm a huge fan of Auto-Rx, very slow working at cleaning up sludge deposits (run it the entire course of oil interval). Wonder how it would fair in a 6.0 with stiction problems.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Do the spool valves just get sludges up or dirty over time?

I'm a huge fan of Auto-Rx, very slow working at cleaning up sludge deposits (run it the entire course of oil interval). Wonder how it would fair in a 6.0 with stiction problems.

Yes they do. Any little pieces of dirt or sludge will cause them to stick.

white07psd

Reaction score
How did the oil look when you drained it? I just pulled 2 quarts of oil out, put 2 quarts of marvels in, let it idle upto temperature and the oil is real thin on the dipstick. Oil is 15w40 4000 miles old. rotella t with rev x and now marvels in it. I have bad stiction on cold start. How long should i run it before i change oil?

sent from the stool.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
this one has been ran with marvel about 500 miles on oil with an unknown milage and has been sitting ever since the symptoms subsided. i'm not having and airation problems or icp codes but will change the oil as soon as i have a shop opening to inspect the filter. I personally have no worries about it even though some would disagree with me.
please post you marvel results to see if you have the same success rates as me which will be useful info for others with similar problems.

white07psd

Reaction score
That stuff turned my oil into water. I put exactly 2 quarts in it. My truck lost power within 10 miles, went home and changed the oil, it literally dumped all the oil out in 5-10 seconds. Put new rotella 15w40 in it and started to clear up after 20 miles. Truck seems to run stronger now and new oil is awhole lot cleaner on the dipstick so the marvel must have removed alot of sludge. All in all, it may work, but i cant take the chance of messing my injectors up.

sent from the stool.

white07psd

Reaction score
Thats my personal review. Im not stating that it didnt work because it did work in the long run but im not sure if i could do it again.

sent from the stool.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
That stuff turned my oil into water. I put exactly 2 quarts in it. My truck lost power within 10 miles, went home and changed the oil, it literally dumped all the oil out in 5-10 seconds. Put new rotella 15w40 in it and started to clear up after 20 miles. Truck seems to run stronger now and new oil is awhole lot cleaner on the dipstick so the marvel must have removed alot of sludge. All in all, it may work, but i cant take the chance of messing my injectors up.

sent from the stool.

Thats pretty darn scary that that happened to you.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
Thats my personal review. Im not stating that it didnt work because it did work in the long run but im not sure if i could do it again.

sent from the stool.

sounds like it worked to me!
but i have never used rev x and do not know what it does so mixing the two may be a bad idea. but i'm glad it cleared the injectors up so quickly! thanks for the feedback.

oh did you get a close up inspection of the filter?

white07psd

Reaction score
Was looking for globs of sludge but didn't find any. Looked like a regular filter to me. Filter was a motorcraft also.

sent from the stool.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
i doubt that any globs would come out should have dissolved the sludge. i'm interested to hear how it starts after a night of cold soak.

in no way do i benefit from the promotion of the use of this product other than to help find a solution for the stiction problems for 6.0 owners.

i would like to thank you for your participation in my experiment by sending you a bottle of x-1r that i use as a treatment after replacing injectors in heui systems.
pm me your address and i'll drop it in the mail

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The build up isnt really sludge per say. If you have ever removed a spool from an injector that had bad stiction, it has a yellow looking film on it.

white07psd

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. Will pm you my info shortly. I did a 40 degree start this morning. Stock injectors, 58v ficm, truck source diesel spd race tune. Let glow plugs cycle a couple times and it still took a few times to start but when it did start up, it was a smooth crisp idle and not the choppy, loud injector knock idle it usually does. For some reason though, my truck doesn't like starting tuned. It starts up 3x easier with no tune. I have 5 race tunes so its not no one specific tune that starts worser than the rest.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
i'm sure that the tuners of your device can make adjustments to improve starting.
glad to hear that this proceedure improved your condition!

bboteler

Reaction score
I have similar starting issues. I'm hoping the 8 new glow plugs going in this morning will cure my high hp tune starting woes.

poorboy1964

Reaction score
Interesting never thought about this, I have used 1 quart of Marvel Mystery oil to 100 gal of gasoline in my boat for years.

Latest posts

Members online