6.0 litre missfire

strok'n

Reaction score
im getting p0266 engine code and its missing. i have changed all of the injectors and even swapped 2 and 4 injector to see if the miss would move and it didnt. i have replaced the ficm the ipr and the icp. i dont know what else to do. would anyone be able to help me? it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

strok'n

Reaction score
after some further testing i have ruled out the ficm being faulty and i think i have it almost traced to the wiring harness connecting to the injectors.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I have the same code that keeps coming back I don't know what it could be I have a new ficm and reman injectors from warren and I keep getting that cylinder two contribution.

Could be the harness but I'm not sure I want to try and figure it out before I go spending money on a harness

Don't think its an injector but I could be???

swinky

Reaction score
Any injector that isn't built from a motorcraft reman could very likely be causing a contribution code. You could swap injectors 2 and 4 and see if the code follows the injector.

Irontx

Reaction score
If the code doesn't follow the injector.... you have a wiring/connector/ficm problem..injector cup.... or a cylinder problem.

On edit..... mine have usually turned out to be wiring /connector related....

jban126_f350

Reaction score
They build from cores. My warrens are idling like crap. No blame on them though I ran them at 20psi wide open for almost a year. It happens

Warrens idle is bad? It's common? Wish I would have know that. I thought they were one of the best

jban126_f350

Reaction score
So what could it be harness? Thinks it's possible for a bad injector?
Can't figure out a ticking noise on the opposite side either

Irontx

Reaction score
So what could it be harness? Thinks it's possible for a bad injector?
Can't figure out a ticking noise on the opposite side either

Check it out. Ohm the injector. I can't remember off hand what spec is. Warren told me a few years ago how to check em. Call him up.... he's quick to get things right.

TyCorr

Reaction score
There was a couple years ago...they were getting a whole rash of shti for not testing them on a bench.

Lance, cream pie, had seriously mismatched injector balance.

Not trying to light a fire but the issues were there.

Edit: im unsure of the 6l world but in heui platforms in an instance like this its best to send the injectors in and have them inspected, flowed, and assured and then reinstall.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
There was a couple years ago...they were getting a whole rash of shti for not testing them on a bench.

Lance, cream pie, had seriously mismatched injector balance.

Not trying to light a fire but the issues were there.

Edit: im unsure of the 6l world but in heui platforms in an instance like this its best to send the injectors in and have them inspected, flowed, and assured and then reinstall.

Well I saw they added a flow sheet on each injector and stuff but do they still have problem with there injectors they have a warranty so if there is an issue with the injector they should stand behind it

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Irontx I've seen your truck on YouTube I love it. thats what made me want 190/100 and a barder stage three lol just realized it was you. Truck is insane man good work. To bad my truck has 37's probably won't be as fast...and I'm having issues with it and need a trans! Happens

Love how you smoke that 6.7 cummins lol that's great

Irontx

Reaction score
Irontx I've seen your truck on YouTube I love it. thats what made me want 190/100 and a barder stage three lol just realized it was you. Truck is insane man good work. To bad my truck has 37's probably won't be as fast...and I'm having issues with it and need a trans! Happens

Love how you smoke that 6.7 cummins lol that's great

Hahahaha..... thanks man. Yeah.. most people don't realize it's 2wd... so it's a whole lot lighter than a 4x4 on big tires. My truck is a product of diesel forums. ... lol.

swinky

Reaction score
Well I saw they added a flow sheet on each injector and stuff but do they still have problem with there injectors they have a warranty so if there is an issue with the injector they should stand behind it
When you build from cores there's only so much you can do.

That's why they're cheap. Nothing wrong with what they do.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Hahahaha..... thanks man. Yeah.. most people don't realize it's 2wd... so it's a whole lot lighter than a 4x4 on big tires. My truck is a product of diesel forums. ... lol.

That's cool man I'm still trying to figure the issues and turbo upgrade. And possible gearing options for 37's

jban126_f350

Reaction score
When you build from cores there's only so much you can do.

That's why they're cheap. Nothing wrong with what they do.

Yeah if I could go back I would have spent a little extra and got them built from new ones. My injectors were sticking really bad the beginning of winter and I was planning to upgrade anyways. I hope I can get it straightened out it's clearly missing now I'm assuming cylinder two due to the code I'm getting but who know I'm hoping to be able to throw another injector in there and be done with it

Latest posts

Members online