6.0 litre missfire

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well I saw they added a flow sheet on each injector and stuff but do they still have problem with there injectors they have a warranty so if there is an issue with the injector they should stand behind it

Ummmm,no. If they are giving you.a.flowsheet, no.worries.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What do you mean? The injectors should be good? What else would cause code for cylinder two after I installed the injectors?

No, ALL, Im getting at is the old issue was that they didnt flow the injectors. If you got flow data, then that isnt the issue you are experiencing.

equalizier

Reaction score
i would do an injector buzz test that will tell you if the electrical side of the injector is good.then i would do a power balance test this test will show the strong or weak injectors.on a power balance test other injectors will try to make up for the miss but that will only get you so far.

if you don't have a scanner you can pull the clips and pull them one at a time like a spark plug motor.does the truck miss as soon as you fire it up or after it is warm.

equalizier

Reaction score
i guess i should have said also when you switched the injectors and the miss stayed the same then a compression test would have been next on the list.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
It seems like it misses all the time I'm gonna try and get someone to do a compression test for me. The injectors buzzed fine

equalizier

Reaction score
ok you said you moved the injectors right and the miss still followed you.you said the buzz test passed so that says everything electrical with the injector is good.now do a compression test and that should tell the story.if the compression checks out good then as luck would have it you could have two bad injectors.the injectors you switched could both be bad unless you know for sure.

Irontx

Reaction score
Dude... get up with jesse.... he'll tell ya how to ohm out the injector.... only takes a minute.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
ok you said you moved the injectors right and the miss still followed you.you said the buzz test passed so that says everything electrical with the injector is good.now do a compression test and that should tell the story.if the compression checks out good then as luck would have it you could have two bad injectors.the injectors you switched could both be bad unless you know for sure.

No I haven't moved any injectors around yet

equalizier

Reaction score
i'm asking if you did an injector buzz test"the test is called buzz test".i'm not talking about turning the key and listening to them buzz.the buzz test will click one at a time going from pass to driver.when it gets to cylinder 8 there will be a short pause and all them will buzz and it will go back to one at a time it does this 3 times.this is the test i'm asking if you have done.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
i'm asking if you did an injector buzz test"the test is called buzz test".i'm not talking about turning the key and listening to them buzz.the buzz test will click one at a time going from pass to driver.when it gets to cylinder 8 there will be a short pause and all them will buzz and it will go back to one at a time it does this 3 times.this is the test i'm asking if you have done.

I know what your talking about and yes I have done a buzz test and it passed. I'm gonna try and do a compression test weather I get my hands on a ford scanner to do a relative compression test or do it manually through glow plug holes and using remote starter wire. Hope the compression is good. Hopefully just an injector

equalizier

Reaction score
ok sorry for the confusion but i would do the compression test at the glow plugs so that you know your self.i hope things turn out good for you but if they don't i have several motors.i also have one motor studded and ready to go freshly done.i'm just waiting on my covers to get done for my custom external oil cooler set up i will be selling.then the motor is ready to be dropped in my dually.even if i have the motor in my dually i will still sell it if you need it.has rebuilt hpop and injectors and all the seals have been replaced.

i have a stg 2 that i built and a set of 155s that i also built.the turbo will be on the motor but the 155s are in my tool box.i did not plug the spill ports on these i opted to take out where the intensifier piston rest at full stroke.but anyway i just thought i'd offer if you may need one.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
ok sorry for the confusion but i would do the compression test at the glow plugs so that you know your self.i hope things turn out good for you but if they don't i have several motors.i also have one motor studded and ready to go freshly done.i'm just waiting on my covers to get done for my custom external oil cooler set up i will be selling.then the motor is ready to be dropped in my dually.even if i have the motor in my dually i will still sell it if you need it.has rebuilt hpop and injectors and all the seals have been replaced.

i have a stg 2 that i built and a set of 155s that i also built.the turbo will be on the motor but the 155s are in my tool box.i did not plug the spill ports on these i opted to take out where the intensifier piston rest at full stroke.but anyway i just thought i'd offer if you may need one.

That's awesome I will keep you i mind and let you know as soon as I figure it out

Latest posts

Members online