6.0 Misfire Need Help

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
Okay my dad's 04 4 door 6.0 with 120k miles auto trans 4x4 jut developed a miss at all temps and hot or cold. I misses on the idle and when you give it gas has a really slow response in the pedal. said it fells like it just falls on its face. Oil, oil filter and fuel filters just changed a month ago at the Dealership. There is no smoke at all and no check engine light.

This truck is all stock no mods and is all factory. I told him to to the EGR Delete first thing. The guy that owned it before gave us all the maintaince records really took care of it I couldnt believe all the papers he gave us.

Things I have found in search:
EGR (my guess 1st off)
FICM
Check the voltage out the FICM
Batteries going bad or bad connection
Bad Injector(s)
Heard the early 6.0s with the fuel pumps with heater are bad about going out
Check intercooler and boots for and leaks
Also read where 2 guys said to hold the pedal to the floor till the turbo shaft breaks and blows the oil out of the exhaust and problem solved

Im not a 6.0 guy told him to get a 7.3 but we a mechanics and know what we are doing just stumped on this 6.0 any help would be great thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

Gary

Reaction score
Scan it, see what cylinder is effected, check the connector on the injector. If the connector is ok, then you'll probably need a injector.

sootie

Reaction score
do a power balance test and see if it is specifically one cylinder.

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
well didnt think it would give codes with no light im not on the up and up with the computerized control engines im old school mechanic and i know 7.3s alot better. Dad got frustrated and called Cedar City Diesel they came and picked it up and so far it has a very weak pump

Latest posts

Members online