6.0 or 7.3 old question but I'd like advice.

Dave

Reaction score
Ive never once downshifted to pull a hill with my 6.0.

Tuning cures the low end grunt issue. Especially the FICM tune.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
HP per HP I have no doubt a tuned 6.0 will out pull a 7.3, the reason I went ahead and went back to the 7.3 was the rpm at which these make peak power. The 7.3 is more pleasant to pull with imo because of the linear HP. I never liked the down shifting at every hill, I want my pick-up to pull like my KW. Thats not a slight at a 6.0 but it needs the rpms to pull.

BTW this is the new ride.

IMAG0155.jpg

Sweet new ride Joe! Welcome to the dually club! You'll like towing with this a whole lot more than the OBS. Any plans out of the ordinary for it?

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Sweet new ride Joe! Welcome to the dually club! You'll like towing with this a whole lot more than the OBS. Any plans out of the ordinary for it?

Yah... more daydreams actually. All Black Murdered-out lifted about 8" and 22.5's. Most likely a couple inches and 255/85's.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Yah... more daydreams actually. All Black Murdered-out lifted about 8" and 22.5's. Most likely a couple inches and 255/85's.

That'll look good, you can clear 255/70/22.5's with a leveling kit usually. I'm thinking about running 22.5's some day as well. Are you going to leave the LE graphics on it? And I'm assuming it'll be getting an exhaust, intake and tune to.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Heres where I put all the pics, http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6201 the muff and cat got lost somewhere on the road today. Still looking for the standard CAI for the SD's and Tony's going to get me hooked up with tunes. Not sure about the colors, the maroon is a sticker and the gold is paint over the black. There's an advert somewhere that has a murdered out CCSWB DRW just like this bullbar PC'd black as well as the rest of the shiney.

Members online

No members online now.