6.0 rocker in a 6.4

whtdmax

Reaction score
Hey guys. I read somewhere else that the 6.0 rockers can be swapped into the 6.4s and they are actually an upgrade. Have any of you tried this or know of it to be true? I have the infamous intake thump and I want to order whichever rockers will be best before i tear into it. Thanks

ncollins64

Reaction score
Not sure but I found an engineer at work the other day that came from international in Huntsville. He told me to get the international rocker assembly's because they do have a coating on them to help with wear where the ford rockers do not. First I heard of this but think I'll be going this route if it's true.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Not sure but I found an engineer at work the other day that came from international in Huntsville. He told me to get the international rocker assembly's because they do have a coating on them to help with wear where the ford rockers do not. First I heard of this but think I'll be going this route if it's true.

I would like more info on this.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Tops are the same, Bases are different. Not a upgrade. It's the same junk

78f100

Reaction score
6.4 rockers have a oil passage in the pushrod cup, 6.0s do not. The demisions are the same but different bases. I installed a 6.4 rocker on one of my 6.0s, I was in a pinch and needed it badly. I spot welded up the oil passage and installed it then towed 21k pounds to Texas the next day with it, its working just fine. I'm not sure they are any better or worse, they look identical other than the oil hole.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
From Elite

We are going to revisit the rocker arms this spring. They will be a roller design on a shaft. The original design that we tried to make more economical ended up being just a costly as an all-out version.

Latest posts

Members online