6.0 running great!

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
I have an 03 with 225k. Between the lifters, hpops, head gaskets, egr, injectors....... I'd say they aren't reliable in stock form.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
You don't tell us anything else about the engine....any other mods? what the truck is/was used for? nothing about the maintenance schedule? I have to tip my hat to you, you obviously aren't one to 'give up' easy....an 03 and still trying to build it. I hope you get all the 'weak spots' fixed. I'm just driving mine and servicing it on a routine schedule.......when I get something other than good news to report I'll be doing it here, until then....I'll spread the love, lol

Snake

Reaction score
Yeah, Id be more inclined to agree with you if the PO hadn't put the first 100,000 miles on it without any problems...but since that's how it went I believe it deserves to be called reliable, they're out there if you want to look.:clapping:

A reliable 6.0 is as common as a virgin stripper.

Before you thump your chest any louder, put some more miles on that truck. Nearly a year and 17k miles is laughable.

swinky

Reaction score

Before you thump your chest any louder, put some more miles on that truck. Nearly a year and 17k miles is laughable.

Exactly my point. They're okay engines but the op is gonna have his heart broken any day now.

Lassie

Reaction score
Exactly my point. They're okay engines but the op is gonna have his heart broken any day now.

I think he'll be fine for a long time. At 117K, you'd be on your 4th engine. If the driver can't understand what he's driving...well, you end up with an unreliable truck.

swinky

Reaction score
I think he'll be fine for a long time. At 117K, you'd be on your 4th engine. If the driver can't understand what he's driving...well, you end up with an unreliable truck.

Not sure what you mean by this

Mcrafty1

Reaction score

He means most of the 6.0 owners that can't keep em' running are their own worst enemies, it ain't rocket science........if you try and make it do things it was never designed to do don't expect it to out perform your expectations.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
I'm not sayin' there aren't some bad 6.0's......I am sayin' there ARE some good 6.0's........we could kick this around all day and nothing will change so I'm movin on.:rockon:

Snake

Reaction score

He basically said you aren't smart enough to know what you're driving or how to take care of it, and as a result you'd be on your 4th motor at 117k miles and then tell everyone how unreliable the 6.0 is.

That pretty much sum it up Lassie?

swinky

Reaction score
He basically said you aren't smart enough to know what you're driving or how to take care of it, and as a result you'd be on your 4th motor at 117k miles and then tell everyone how unreliable the 6.0 is.

That pretty much sum it up Lassie?

Kept this one on the road with 225k. I race it and abuse so I can go with what you're saying I guess.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score

So you're saying the other 100,000 trouble free miles the PO put on my truck don't account for anything in regards to dependability? Sure, that makes perfect sense.

swinky

Reaction score
So you're saying the other 100,000 trouble free miles the PO put on my truck don't account for anything in regards to dependability? Sure, that makes perfect sense.

100k is nothing you Tard.

Snake

Reaction score

Maybe you have the virgin stripper. Which at a minimum makes you douchebag for rubbing it in the face of nearly every other 6.0 owner.

Or perhaps you don't know everything that went wrong in the first 100k miles, which is more likely. I mean I'm sure the seller was totally honest about how great his 6.0 is while he was trying to get your money.

But I'm more inclined to agree with Swinky: 100k miles ain't chit. And you're a tard.

Latest posts

Members online