6.0 with 200K Stud parts list

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Ok I was initially going to just buy the BPD complete stud kit or a similar one from one of the vendors but most come with parts i don't need. If you can please look at my list and tell me anything you would add or take away and why. Money IS a deciding factor but I would rather do it right once. I am stationed in Germany so i cant pull apart the truck then order the stuff it needs so thats why im thinking about buying some parts that may be fine.

Head Stud parts list:
Ready to install heads
Arp studs *
Factory 18mm gaskets x2*
Injector O rings( Or do these come with new injectors)x8 *
Turbo install kit*
Exhaust manifold gaskets x2*
New water pump ( Any gaskets associated)
New idler pulley
Updated Turbo supply line*
Down pipe clamp*
Up pipe clamp*
Glow plugs x8*
Turbo rebuild kit*
Glow plug harness x2

Lifters since my truck has 185k miles(Needle bearings are scary lol)
DO I NEED new push rods?

Im trying to keep the parts under $2600 so i can get new injectors to. So far this^ is around $2600.

(Already have updated: Blue spring, STC, turbo drain, Dummy plugs, Stand pipes and installed an oil cooler about 4 months ago)

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lifters, but of course you have to drop trans to do those.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Lifters, but of course you have to drop trans to do those.

Yea, I didn't realize I had to pull the trans...Is it worth it? I'm sure i can do it with the cab on right? Or i guess if im going that indepth ill just lift the cab. I don't mind doing the work if i need to

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Yea, I didn't realize I had to pull the trans...Is it worth it? I'm sure i can do it with the cab on right? Or i guess if im going that indepth ill just lift the cab. I don't mind doing the work if i need to

It can be done cab on. Rear cover has to be off also to remove the branch tubes, which cover the rear set of lifters. You will need to do a rear main seal, which requires the tool.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Ok I want to turn this thread into my build thread instead of starting a new one. I got approval to go ahead and do the work (Wife). I have $3500 to spend so from what i have figured so far i can afford to do either studs, lifters and 175/stock warrens or studs and a barder stage 2.

java

Reaction score
I would also add a regulated return to that list too. It's way easier to run the lines from the rear of the heads while it's taken apart and those injectors will be a lot happier too.

04stroker

Reaction score
You have about everything covered. I don't know if you bought all the parts or no but if not PM or call me at the shop I will do a package deal with military discount (I am assuming that is why your in Germany and I think we have talked about it before). We also build injectors and flow them all in house. PM me if your interested I will send it all out together so the shipping will be cheaper.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
What special tools will i need. Im planing on lifting the cab to do the job. I know i need a rear main seal install tool(anyone have part number) do i still need a head lifting tool since i'm lifting the cab? Any other tools you can think of? I have all major sockets and whatnot.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Also, I have been trying to read up on lifter failures and from what i can tell its not common? Should i put that $300+ towards something else or go ahead and do it? I don't have any intentions of ever selling my truck as of now.

Current list:

Part Part # Price
Heads $1,180.00
ARP studs 250-4202 $429.86
Head gaskets 4C3Z6051EB $307.02
manifold gaskets 6C3Z9448A $27.98
lifters 3C3Z6500AA $249.99
Glow plugs 4C3Z12A342AA $91.04
turbo feed tube 3C3Z9T516A $88.33
Hot side boots $79.32
turbo instal kit 3C3Z9T514AG $9.87
stock VGT turbo rebuild 740659-0010 $119.81
compressor oring 403069-0252 $7.48
up pipe vband F81Z8287EA $23.73
down pipe vband 6C3Z5A231AA $23.13
Injector orings AP0002 $70.40
BPD waterpump $314.95
Glow plug harness's 4C2Z-12A690-AB & 4C2Z-12A690-BA $100

Still need rear main seal ( if doing lifters) and specialty tools.
Total $3,022.91

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Is there any reason you're replacing the heads?

To be honest i'm just preparing for the worst. I dont really know how to find a head shop here that knows how to work on these heads. So i figured i would just buy ready heads and sell mine if there still good.

I feel like i'm still missing some seals or something can someone please check my list closely and help me out?

dsberman94

Reaction score
To be honest i'm just preparing for the worst. I dont really know how to find a head shop here that knows how to work on these heads. So i figured i would just buy ready heads and sell mine if there still good.

I feel like i'm still missing some seals or something can someone please check my list closely and help me out?

if you want a list ask MPD. then you can check your list against theres. post on their page on here.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
What special tools will i need. Im planing on lifting the cab to do the job. I know i need a rear main seal install tool(anyone have part number) do i still need a head lifting tool since i'm lifting the cab? Any other tools you can think of? I have all major sockets and whatnot.

You can just pick the heads up by hand. There is a company that rents the rear main tool where you can buy a used one cheaper, I'll try to find the link.

webb06

Reaction score
Rocker box gaskets, valve cover gaskets, exhaust manifold and intake manifold gaskets. Turbo install kit( may come with the rebuild kit)

HOOV3R

Reaction score
So does that mean i should go ahead and do the lifters?

It's definitely worth the insurance. Lifters are a known failure point on higher mileage engines, and can cause some very costly repairs.

lifters aren't hard. probably even worth it just for piece of mind.

Have you every done lifters on a 6.0? You don't just pull the heads then pull the lifters. Trans out, flywheel off, rear cover off, and branch tubes out just to get to the rear half.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Have you every done lifters on a 6.0? You don't just pull the heads then pull the lifters. Trans out, flywheel off, rear cover off, and branch tubes out just to get to the rear half.

uhh. oops. thought they would be almost the same as 6.4. glad international changed that. just ignore my previous posting.

Latest posts

Members online