6.0 WW2 testing

Dieselsite

Reaction score
Those results are with Bill's 155's with stock nozzles, so they are not big by any means. He did it the day before he had to get on a plane for Oregon, so the details of that testing will be out later.

When he gets back, Jay is putting the wheel in his truck, which I believe has stock injectors.

We have a stock injected 2005 that we ran the Powermax in as well. This was WAY better than the Powermax at low rpms, and seemed to have the same power up top. Jay should be able to confirm that when Bill gets back.

I will say this. The spool is insane. That 60hp coming in so early is what you feel as it hits mid range into each gear.

Bob

Dieselsite

Reaction score
pretty awesome! id like to see a billet wheel pmax vs stock 03 vs billet wheel 03 for spool up and power numbers.

I wasn't planning on making a PM billet wheel as I didn't think there would be enough market for it, but curiosity might get the best of me. :naughty:

Bob

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
it would be very interesting to see. i believe the slow spool up of the pmax is related to the larger & heavier compressor wheel, would a billet wheel bring the spool up back and be comparable to say a stock 03 turbo?

id like to test parts like this on my truck, i drag race it alot (150 passes last season). best time last year 13.35 @ 100. this wheel looks like it may be worth a couple tenths but we will have to see the stock injector test results.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Are these wheels all the same size or do they come in one size for the 03-04.5 turbos and another size for the 04.5-07 turbos?? I ask because there are at least two different compressor wheel sizes for the 6.0 stock turbos (with respect to the size of the inducer) and the "batmowheel" for the stock 6.0 turbo was only for the 03-04 turbos and if anyone had an 05-07 turbo they had to have their compressor cover machined out to fit the larger wheel.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Hey Bob, I have someone interested if you need a pmax tester. He's very interested after I showed him the results from the 7.3 testing.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
We will have two wheels, but this one is the 2004.5-2007 version Bil and I tested.

Bob

i would put a disclaimer somewhere that the customer should measure the outside diameter of the inducer before ordering reason i say this is most 04.5s and 05s ive worked on that had the original turbo had the larger 59mm inducer. "new" turbos that were done under warranty and fords now reman turbos are hit or miss, some have the larger wheel some dont.

Latest posts

Members online