6.4 Chip/programmer?

Stroker67

Reaction score
Hey Guys, posting this for my uncle, he has a 2008 F350 SRW with the 6.4 platform. What would be the best programmer or chip for him? Truck is completely stock with the DPF still intact. Only thing he will be using it for is towing his boat, which weighs around 10k. He's wanting better fuel mileage as well. Thanks for the input guys.

78f100

Reaction score
:whs:

There are some good dpf on tunes from the above companies also, dpf delete would be best for the truck and mileage.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
If he isnt going to delete the dpf there is no sense in a programmer on a 6.4

WoodBoy

Reaction score
He never said he wasnt going to, he never said he was, so while he had info on programmers if he deleted it, I gave some in case he didnt

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That's a good point about running a tuner with the Dpf on. Im sure a 50-75 hp tune would prob be ok but any bigger will clog it.

I ran a 150 Dpf safe tune and after about 50 miles of droving the truck went into a stationary regeneration followed by a rolling regeneration. I took the tune out and have been running stock since.

I did forget how bad the mileage was on these with the Dpf in place.

My last build got easily another 100 miles to the tank

Stroker67

Reaction score
Well the truck is still under warranty, so is there a delete pipe that you can change back and forth for the DPF? Say like when you needed to take it into the dealership for warranty work? Also need some gauge ideas for him, I have the edge insight on my 7.3 that I love. Isnt the SCY livewire like gauges and a programmer in one? Also would like to hear some more info on the Spartan tuner. Thanks guys!

78f100

Reaction score
I just have a flo pro delete pipe for now and it would be easy to put the dpf back on with it. I never had any dealings with spartan but alot of guys love them, I dont think you could go wrong with any of the tuners mentioned, I have a mimi maxx and I like it.

I am sure Ford could tell it had been tuned if they really wanted, so its a gamble on that if you have a warrenty claim after you tune it.

Last edited:

Rene G

Reaction score
The Spartan and H&S are both good as gauges as well as for tuning. Also there are delete pipes that all you change out is the section where the DPF and cat are.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
ford cannot tell on spartan, SCT or H&S as long as you return to stock. a dpf delete pipe would also be your best option. you can go wrong with the three brands I listed-but SCT has more options and the gauges are ugly-but they do the job

Stroker67

Reaction score
Ok what about a programmer that just plugs into the OBD II port like the SCT X3 for my 6.0 does? Im working with a limited amount of money here and i need to get the best bang for the buck so to speak? If nothing else, i could do an Edge insight for the gauges, just need a programmer. Thanks. Oh and Spartan, you have a PM.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
you could do an H&S XRT pro. it's just plug and play. the SCT unit for the 6.4s isnt the greatest. besides once you buy a tuner, and then buy an edge or something for gauges your back to the cost of the other units....

pog

Reaction score
on an SCT, H&S or spartan? how so? the stock strategy is still the same when returned to stock.
I remember reading somewhere that if they go through the trucks history they can see when the truck last regend and related data. Not sure if its true or not.

Latest posts

Members online