6.4 find,what to know?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Thanks but I took everyone's I o advice. Let it go! I sure don't need another headache! Lol! I got a good quote for a '16 f350 today. It will be nice to get a new one and take care of it right!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Never mind this thread they sold it already. Probably didn't have it yesterday. But I did take a stroll in a new 2500 HD. Quite impressive. They have a 4 link rear suspension and tool boxes in the side of the bed. And a 373 gear. Something to think about!

Yes. My dealer here had a silver one setup with the boxes on it already. Its a neat option. It really is. Doesnt look bad either. Less metal to rust out.

sootie

Reaction score
Yes. My dealer here had a silver one setup with the boxes on it already. Its a neat option. It really is. Doesnt look bad either. Less metal to rust out.

I get to drive new trucks almost every day and quite often jump from a 2016 ford into a 2015 ram for example. It blows my mind that people even purchase them

dsberman94

Reaction score
I get to drive new trucks almost every day and quite often jump from a 2016 ford into a 2015 ram for example. It blows my mind that people even purchase them

Just looking at certain things on the ram trucks makes me wonder why people buy them and if they actually truly look over vehicles first, or just get talked into it. The front sway bar end links look chincy as hell compared to a superduty. The fenders are so thin and formed to just make it look bigger than it is. Everything on the new ram platform just seems cheap. They've got some good ideas like the storage compartments in the back seat floor, but they didn't follow up with it very well and you can hear every little thing rattle around inside them. Plus all the squeaks and rattles in a brand new truck would piss me the hell off. My 13-14 year old truck has an excuse to squeak and rattle, but something 3 years old doesn't IMO.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Were you going to take it to Dustin, at Diesel Addiction? He's a pretty good dude, and they have some nasty Dmaxes running around here. Good luck with your search.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Their electrical issues are pitiful too. They're junk. [Boomhauer]But that dang ol' Cummins is dang ol' bulletproof, man[/Boomhauer] :rolleyes:

Just looking at certain things on the ram trucks makes me wonder why people buy them and if they actually truly look over vehicles first, or just get talked into it. The front sway bar end links look chincy as hell compared to a superduty. The fenders are so thin and formed to just make it look bigger than it is. Everything on the new ram platform just seems cheap. They've got some good ideas like the storage compartments in the back seat floor, but they didn't follow up with it very well and you can hear every little thing rattle around inside them. Plus all the squeaks and rattles in a brand new truck would piss me the hell off. My 13-14 year old truck has an excuse to squeak and rattle, but something 3 years old doesn't IMO.

btoler4th

Reaction score
They did some real ****ty work to a friend of mines truck. I wouldn't let them work on my lawnmower.

I have heard similar stories as well, when i had mine down there a few years ago he was cool, and knowledgeable. Then on other hand I have a few friends that are running high 10's low 11's with his builds and tunes. Every shop has their skeletons in the closet. I think Dustin had some crappy help at one point, who knows. But for swinging a truck by and having them check it out and making sure nothing is messed up etc... I think he would be doing right by taking it there. JMO

Dirtclod

Reaction score
They're having issues with cam shafts breaking. And crankshafts. 3 different engine configurations an 2 different trannys is is going to be a nightmare. That's just to get 10 more ft/lbs of torque. But way less hp? Ford has one engine configuration and one tranny! All that's different is spring payload and gear. Dodge/Chrysler will be bankrupt trying to outdo Ford. Same thing has happened to some tractor company's in the past.

Latest posts

Members online