6.4 fuel system upgrade stall halfway through takeoff

briandale92

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 6.4 that i just put new 50hp integrity plus injectors, bigger fuel rail, industrial dragonfire injection pump, and air dog 2 165 pump. not sure what psi to set the airdog pump to, but i have it turned up past 10 psi i know. i have dpf delete with stock size exhaust, egr is still on it....got the delete kit ordered, and stock turbo but with kn air filter and spartan tuner tuned on 275. when going from 60 and i stomp on it..it goes. but going from 0-60 i think between 2 and 3 gear it stalls almost as it feels like i let off the gas but i dont. also it shifts really hard 1st gear- 3rd. after it shifts smooth. i have put new filter and aftermarket shift solenoid in the trans. sorry for the long post any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Brian

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 6.4 that i just put new 50hp integrity plus injectors, bigger fuel rail, industrial dragonfire injection pump, and air dog 2 165 pump. not sure what psi to set the airdog pump to, but i have it turned up past 10 psi i know. i have dpf delete with stock size exhaust, egr is still on it....got the delete kit ordered, and stock turbo but with kn air filter and spartan tuner tuned on 275. when going from 60 and i stomp on it..it goes. but going from 0-60 i think between 2 and 3 gear it stalls almost as it feels like i let off the gas but i dont. also it shifts really hard 1st gear- 3rd. after it shifts smooth. i have put new filter and aftermarket shift solenoid in the trans. sorry for the long post any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Brian

How long has the spartan been on it? Sounds like the trans is done for.

briandale92

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the reply. It was previously tuned when i bought it but idono what tuner it was....got it flashed back to stock and i have had the spartan tuner on it for about 6 months now. I lowered the fuel pressure on the air dog some and i think it helped a little but still does it in the low gears... So may have to do trans rebuild huh? if so is there a certain upgrade you would recommend? I thought maybe the egr delete and exhaust would help somehow but i guess that would just be toward helping the engine? this is my first diesel so still learning.

Shipmate

Reaction score
Take the 275 tune out and put the 300 tune in it. The 275 fuel cuts on me all the time. I will not run the 275 anymore.

Autoguns

Reaction score
If your runing stock engine internals be careful running high tunes if you want the engine to last. Just one to many romp and it'll be done.
That said my tranny shifts hard in third but only when driving easy the rest are good,

sootie

Reaction score
If your runing stock engine internals be careful running high tunes if you want the engine to last. Just one to many romp and it'll be done.
That said my tranny shifts hard in third but only when driving easy the rest are good,

LOL yore posts are hilarious !!

Latest posts

Members online