6.4 Gauge setups

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
You put gauges on the pillar? How do you watch rail pressure, trans slip, read codes and all the other junk thats important?

Im definitely going with a monitor, i need to see more than just 3 or 4 things

trans slip, rail pressure, back pressure, are the ones i monitor most. other than pyro.

CamTom12

Reaction score
PSD-BLACK-CLOUD has a bit of a point: you don't really need to monitor all that mess all the time. I mainly look at EGTs on the DD. There's no real need to know boost or even trans temp unless I'm towing. All other 11ty-billion parameters are great for diagnosing, but can contribute to the same effect as texting while driving unless the individual's very careful!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
PSD-BLACK-CLOUD has a bit of a point: you don't really need to monitor all that mess all the time. I mainly look at EGTs on the DD. There's no real need to know boost or even trans temp unless I'm towing. All other 11ty-billion parameters are great for diagnosing, but can contribute to the same effect as texting while driving unless the individual's very careful!

The pillar gauges create a blind spot for one, and for two i need to see rail pressure, back pressure, trans slip ect if im going to be going beyond just a tuner.

I have my AE but id like something that can go everywhere with me

chromehound

Reaction score

I don't know about anybody else but the last time I bought seperate gauges I had at least, if not more than what a DD cost in just a 4 gauge setup to get everything the way I felt it needed to be. Do you really need to know what every little thing is doing every second? Not really unless, like you said, you're doing diagnostics or trying to figure out if the stuff you added is doing anything but it would be nice to have one thing that can read all those little things if you need it instead of having to borrow one. Just my $0.02

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The dash daq for.me has proved to be one of the most invaluable tools I have on my truck.

Camtom is right in some cases there are no need for a single gauge untilled your towing.... so don't turn it on!

There is no way I would ever go back to.mechanical guages. They are invasive as far as wiring and underhood stuff. And the biggest thing is you can't data log anything with mechanicals.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
I have an H&S Mini Max on my truck, would it be more benefical to use a CTS for a monitor since you can only look at four things at once on the MM? I was gonna do actual gauges in my truck because I like the look of them, and was gonna keep my H&S to monitor the other things.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I run a DD and it's on almost all the time. I just don't pay much attention to it unless I'm towing or think something's acting up.

The gauge screen I picked for daily use is the one with the big EGT gauge in the middle and the number readouts on each side. So my focus is the EGTs for improving mileage.

The datalogging is a wonderful tool, too!

It's just funny how we become addicted to the information that's available and feel like we need it all the time.

skew12

Reaction score
DD is probably the way to go. But I just love the look of the white/blue ev2's. I'll probably end up with both.

a_moore

Reaction score
Can I use the Egde evolution as gauges using the xrt-pro tuner or do I need to eliminate it completely from the truck?

If so, I will just go mechanical...EGT, Boost, BP, Trans Temp. That is all I give a phuk about anyway.

BFT

Reaction score
You can use pretty much any monitoring device that's compatible with your truck while running other tunes/tuners.

I'm running Eric's innovative tune and monitor with the dash daq.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Can I use the Egde evolution as gauges using the xrt-pro tuner or do I need to eliminate it completely from the truck?

If so, I will just go mechanical...EGT, Boost, BP, Trans Temp. That is all I give a phuk about anyway.

edge Evo will not monitor BP. but you can use it as a monitor with a XRT. I did for a while. also might wanna consider monitoring rail pressure. edge won't do that either.

a_moore

Reaction score
edge Evo will not monitor BP. but you can use it as a monitor with a XRT. I did for a while. also might wanna consider monitoring rail pressure. edge won't do that either.

Mine monitors BP just the same with or without the H&S installed.

I get an alert for 100+mph on the edge now.....not even going 85. I do not understand that

a_moore

Reaction score
I will look at that today. I can not seem to lift the alarm for speed on the edge. It may be being overridden by the H&S tune. Speedo is correct

Also when changing tunes on the fly, the edge gets locked up and will not work until shutdown and restart.

I am strongly considering going back to mechanical gauges, kinda prefer that type anyway.

Latest posts

Members online