6.4 injector testing results? Full Force...

cccj

Reaction score
Has anyone had injectors tested by Full Force? What are the results you get back? I had a shop test my injectors and they can't provide any results, or paperwork, only good/bad.

wiseguy

Reaction score
i really don't think any shop can properly test a 6.4 injector, anyone says they can are taking you for your $$$

from probably one of the best injector co website...

In 2008 - 2009 we spent several months developing test equipment and a test procedure for this injector. Throughout this time we were unable to match the results on our test bench with those in the vehicle. In other words, the outputs/performance on bench did not match the power levels observed in the truck. After this time and effort we decided to stop the development work. At this time we can test the injectors, but cannot quantify good from bad with high confidence. Rather than conducting further development "on the back" of the customer and risk getting a "black eye", we do not test them. We recommend you strongly question any company that can promise accurate testing of these injectors. In our opinion, if the diagnostics on the truck say it's bad, it probably is.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
That sums about every bench tester for every injector. Bench testing has its place, I know when I have my guy flow injectors for me I don't tell him which ones are bad and only about 7/10 times can he accurately tell me on his end what he says is bad and what's not. Only certain failures are going to show up on a bench. Real wold testing is with the injector in the truck, cold, warm, or hot, under load, etc... Where ever your problem may be in between.

I believe we have the best of the best testers out there for common rail. When I have 6.4s flowed, I get a sheet back for every injector going through 5 different stages and testing points. So it can be a matter of pass or fail, depending on whose reading the numbers

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Screen cap off our Bosch
Screenshot_2016-03-09-18-39-33_zpsicn7frn2.png

Now to average Joe, these really don't mean much, so yes I can understand how one can say either 'pass or fail'

webb06

Reaction score
rcd isn't any better than any other inj co. same hartridge bench. If it fails on the bench its bad. It can pass on the bench and still be bad

Maybe someone else can vouch for me but from what Ive been told rcd has like one of a handful of benches that can properly test and flow 6.4 injectors. Maybe they were blowing smoke but I took it as the truth. Surely someone can back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online