6.4 powerstroke turbo development::::

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Newest update::::

First I would like to thank all the members with 6.4 that would like to help me out by being testers. The developement has taken longer that expected, I have been crushing my machinist with the turbo orders and is having trouble to get to the 6.4 project. I have started new mod on other turbos for the 6.0 so it takes more times up more time than used to.

So here's what I have done so far with the 6.4 turbos, I have gotten a 68mm billet wheel and a 71mm billet wheel to work on low side turbo in stock housing. Next comes the massive 74mm with alot of work to make it fit in a stock housing. I have to start work on the high side, and have a few plans for that to pair up to the bigger compressor wheel sizes. I will update when I get first on done and have one person to dyno the stage 1. They will dyno stock turbo and replace with stage 1 and get numbers, just a turbo change nothing else. The huge stage 3 is going to be tested on a different truck when it's done. I have a friend that wants it for his 6.4 pulling truck to use in work stock class. I will be looking for stage 2 help later which will be the 71mm, I look forward to see how they run, and what kind of numbers they can put down.

Pmac21

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Oh and if you need a 6.4 test mule just remember I'm only about 45 min from you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I can do back to back testing on the 71 although id love to get my hands on the 74

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Thanks Adrian. You going with a larger turbine as well?

I was planning on it since it specs out close to a gt4202 turbine. If it doesn't spin the compressor easy enough I might go up in size, it's all up to the testing turbo, and backpressure numbers. I love my Garretts so I'll use whatever Garrett internals I can, and some custom compressor wheels. You guys get that big in the stock compressor housing or are you using a different cover? Like I stated before I'm using a stock compressor housing, and that will take so doing, you know me got to be drop in, no extra tubes and pipes.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I was planning on it since it specs out close to a gt4202 turbine. If it doesn't spin the compressor easy enough I might go up in size, it's all up to the testing turbo, and backpressure numbers. I love my Garretts so I'll use whatever Garrett internals I can, and some custom compressor wheels. You guys get that big in the stock compressor housing or are you using a different cover? Like I stated before I'm using a stock compressor housing, and that will take so doing, you know me got to be drop in, no extra tubes and pipes.

Yes. It will be the stock appearing housing like always. We base our turbo designs around midwest truck pulling so its gotta look stock. The 74mm is a squeeze

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Keep up us posted with your progress of your stage 3 and final design.... sub for more power and cooler egts on stock modded turbos...

Latest posts

Members online