6.4 rebuild nightmare

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Had to order new squirter tubes from Ford last week because the guy I bought the block from evidently never sent then like he said he would.... but anyways ups lost the ones I ordered right after they picked them up, now gotta wait on that also....

08strokin

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. It sucks waiting for parts, I broke a ring putting mine together since it was ih pistons no one had any in stock so I had to wait for one set of rings, and I'm impatient. ..lol

I did the same freaking thing I had to wait a week. :fustrate:

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I've still got to order my .030" over pistons LOL! Hopefully get them ordered next week sometime, and maybe my squirter tubes will show up as well!

Lmgrpowerstroke

Reaction score
Your build is going a lot like my did. I had my block checked out and to get machined. They it all checked out good so I ordered pistons. Calls me back 2 days later and said 1 of the ring grooves were to bad that I would have to bore it. Morgan had already shipped the pistons. Called them he said send them back and would credit me and then I got .20 overs. I had a ARP rod bolt twist off at 15lbs of torque. They overnighted a new bolt to me. My problems go on from there. Pump blew a seal on initial start up of the engine and so on. It sucks with all the problems but they are fun when they run.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Well I guess ups found the squirter tubes because they showed up a day or two ago, hoping to get pistons ordered today or tmoro!

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I would like to hear opinions on break-in... I will be driving 180-200 miles a day in it... I've heard anything from baby it the first 1k miles or so, to drive it like you stole it!

sootie

Reaction score
biggest thing is to vary the rpms and get a good load on the motor. what i mean by load is, a 5k pound trailer driven on stop and go back roads for one or two tanks of fuel is great. not load like go out and do boosted launches.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
biggest thing is to vary the rpms and get a good load on the motor. what i mean by load is, a 5k pound trailer driven on stop and go back roads for one or two tanks of fuel is great. not load like go out and do boosted launches.
Lol, be better to do break in on stockish tune or just whatever I normally run in?

sootie

Reaction score
i tend to run big tunes but its all controlled with your foot imo

madman1234509

Reaction score
You're saying a good break in is hooking up a trailer and putting load on the engine? Lol. What ever happened to a full heat cycle. And then just driving it like a normal person for a 1000 miles or so

sootie

Reaction score
You're saying a good break in is hooking up a trailer and putting load on the engine? Lol. What ever happened to a full heat cycle. And then just driving it like a normal person for a 1000 miles or so

yes i am. any reason i shouldnt?

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I won't be able to hook to a trailer for that long so it will prob just get driven somewhat easy but not beat on... I know on truck engines a lot of them tell you to drive it like you stole it for break in..... but I'm not gonna do that...

sootie

Reaction score
my point is that a good load seats everything better, not rash abuse. no point breaking in with a driving style that is less than regular use-doesnt really make sense...

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Right I understand that, I've just heard several different suggestions on breaking in a fresh rebuild.... so figured I'd get some input here.....

Latest posts

Members online