6.4 single turbo kit

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Well we've been talking back and forth about doing something on this so I just went ahead and ran with it.

T-4 mount budget single kit. Uses existing up-pipes. All 304 ss piping. 1/2 thick flanges. Stainless braided supply and return lines. 2 piece stainless downpipe. 304 stainless hot pipe elbow. Vibrant boots. Works with no-limit intakes and has aluminum brackets to support factory fuel cooler. Ceramic coated t-4 adapter.

uge9ujev.jpg

guhehe9y.jpg

ave5u3ev.jpg

9uredyzy.jpg

These will be available for sale mid may. And will be available as a t-4 mount only. The kits will utilize s300 base chargers in several size variations and different billet versions as well as fmw. This will make a nice start for DIY compounds. In the future we will have an add on compound setup.

Pricing will be released next week.

Let me know what you guys think...

interested to see how the Add-A-Turbo kit turns out, haven't seen many 6.4 compounds to know how they route them, but seams with the turbo positioned this way it would make piping a royal PITA.

but doing good sized twins would be sweet or maybe just an Add-A-Triple to the stock ones to make it a towing beast.

BFT

Reaction score
interested to see how the Add-A-Turbo kit turns out, haven't seen many 6.4 compounds to know how they route them, but seams with the turbo positioned this way it would make piping a royal PITA.

but doing good sized twins would be sweet or maybe just an Add-A-Triple to the stock ones to make it a towing beast.

Wouldn't make piping any easier with factory compounds.

Reaction score
The parasitic loss from driving three chargers makes the hp gains less overall. But they do drive nice. Idk why piping would be any different than a duramax compound setup or any other compound setup we've done using a valley turbo? It's in the same place as the factory atmo.

Although not the same as factory compounds there will be a very nice driveable/towable kit soon that will make way more power than stock housing large compounds could ever dream of. That will be in another thread though. This is the single kit thread...

ncollins64

Reaction score
I was lucky enough last week to see this single kit in person and it is well thought out with quality parts in a budget friendly price range. Awesome work Morgan

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Morgan,
This kit is fantastic. The install and the attention to detail is spot on! I'm very satisfied how it all came together and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to run one of these kit's on my personal rig truck. My main goal was to find something that is viable option for customers that isn't extremely costly and can be built for future upgrades (compounds, bb single, etc.). After talking with Morgan about this I knew it was feasible to do what I'm looking for. In my area it's "Compounds or nothing"....granted compounds are great, but not every can afford a custom compound setup nor really need it. I wanted something I could drive at 2800ft above sea-level to 6000ft in 100* and below freezing temps. With proper tuning (Credit goes to Gearhead for handling that on my truck), proper turbo, and a good kit; like this one that Morgan has produced, it's possible.

What spurred me to do this I had my LPFP take a crap and I knew I wanted to upgrade the air side of my truck. With help from Jacob (Jdub) @ HTT supplying the charger and Morgans craftsmanship it was achievable and I'm very happy with the results and this truck drives awesome! Stock nozzles and stock HPFP to boot.

Now time for Pic's; removed the stock turbo's and plumed in my new fuel system before starting on mounting the turbo and such. Credit goes to MPD and Greg for helping me on the regulated return. And thanks Morgan for the recommendation on the Fuel Lab 200 gph vortex pump.
Naked engine bay with the stock turbo's removed (Yes it's possible to do cab off just need to wrestle them a little):
198_zps36decbec.jpg

Turbo pedestal from Morgan mounted (I suggest putting the turbine side of the turbo on first then the center section, then compressor housing. I put the turbo on as whole and made for some tight spots). The kit doesn't come with new up-pipe gaskets, so I suggest getting new ones
222_zpscd55c4c7.jpg

Little modification needed for the oiling side of the turbo, Morgan supplies a fitting to adapt the oil feed line to an AN fitting. In the kit he also supplies nice braded lines and an-fittings (ready to be cut-to-fit if needed but I left them for future application). Just modify your stock oil lines by cutting just before the flexable section of the line shown here:
217_zps691f90fc.jpg

Fitting that comes in the kit, just normal -6 AN straight fitting:
195_zpsba8a1896.jpg

If done correctly, it'll look something like this:
218_zpse7761146.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Note: You will only use ONE turbo drain inlet when installing one of these. They come with a brass freeze plug, but I opted for a rubber expanding 1" plug. The one you want to plug off is on the passenger side. The kit comes with a drain adapter with an AN fitting for the turbo drain (Sorry no pics on this one)

Pic of turbo mounted:
223_zps9cbe9835.jpg

Pic of oil lines in, charge pipe on. Must say, this kit adapts well to the No Limit Fab hot side that Mike produces.
224_zpsf127909f.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
AND VIOLA! ONCE it's all completed it should look something like this. Highly recommend No Limit's Air intake to go along with this kit as well:
2157_zps89a64a0a.jpg

Pic of the pedistal:
2159_zps4cb9a826.jpg

ALSO, make sure you use quality boots when doing this application, the S371 turbo I went with is actually designed for a dmax so the outlet on the compressor housing is a 2 1/2" and the charge pipe supplied in the turbo kit is a 3" (Standard S366 turbos and such are 3"). Check and double check your boots because this thing flat out rips! If not, this will happen LOL:
229_zps5b7f65d6.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
All the parts i used we do have available and I can be of any assistance and questions answered if your looking into this kit. I give Morgan's kit a big :thumbsup: The quality and attention to detail is top notch!!

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Quick little video, 40% throttle according to the CTS. 3-4 shift isn't happy, trans is being taken care of soon
th_246_zpsbc099209.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this!

House long was install time?

Cory Anderson

The hardest and longest part of doing this was pulling the stock turbos. Once you get that off, and your familiar with a wrench, shouldnt take you no more then a few hours. Easily installed in a day or half a day.