6.4 torque converter

Diesel23

Reaction score
Anyone near chicago that has a used 6.4 torque converter ? In a bind ,just picked up a used trans ( to get me by for a few months before i get a built one ) and was putting it in but never even looked at it , IT'S GOT THE WRONG torque converter (6 bolt ) , I'm in need of a 8 bolt converter ASAP , will travel
We have are house going on the market Saturday and need the truck out of the driveway and need it to get things moved , Ugh or my wife will kill me lol
Please let me know if anyone has something -thanks frank

Reaction score
If its a six stud and your planning on putting this in your 6.4 I would advise against this option. it will throw a gear ratio error ...... To my knowledge the gear ratio is different. And since your saying it had a six stud converter in it I would assume it has the early case.... I have cores at the shop tho..... But still not going to help you .

sootie

Reaction score
i've swapped 5Rs between 6.0s and 6.4s by just changing the convertor. no issues at all...

Diesel23

Reaction score
Thanks lipka for the offer ,Ended up finding a rebuilt TC ( 8 bolt that I needed ) she's back on the road !! And got everything done just in time !
Thanks boys

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.