6.4 tuning question

krasselt21

Reaction score
Got a tuning question. Anybody ever expirence toasting a tranny with gear head tunes. Ive wrecked two of them and a couple of friends had same issue.

krasselt21

Reaction score
Trans isnt stock. This is second tranny is 3000 miles. Only change was gearhead tuning

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Got a tuning question. Anybody ever expirence toasting a tranny with gear head tunes. Ive wrecked two of them and a couple of friends had same issue.

Matt's trans tunes are one of the best on the market and shift the best and is most refined no matter what tuning you have, if you have a heavy foot and you are flooring it everywhere you will kill the transmission. What kinda trans you got? If you got a built trans did you ever talk to Matt to get a built trans TCM file? A stock level "rebuild" or another stocker wont last remember now if you got a stock trans you are doubling the power the transmission was designed to handle.

krasselt21

Reaction score
my trans has the suncoast rebuild kit in it. dpc tq converter. upgraded solenoid. first tranny was stock and tuned that way. second tranny got toast in 3000 miles and I don't floor it or hard on the gas. never had a problem with the river city tuning. had in truck for 20000 miles on stock tranny changed to gearhead and it was out in over a week. rcd tune I was running the 585 a lot. no issues

BeauxPete

Reaction score
Did you replace the pump? Go through the valve body? Check solenoids? The transmission won't just burn up because of tuning. I've been down this road. PM me your number and will talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird

Reaction score
I was about ready to blame my tunes for my second trans rebuild. Then i convinced the trans shop just to pull it and look. Sure enough there brand new solenoid wasnt working and ruined most of the clutches. So you never know

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I was about ready to blame my tunes for my second trans rebuild. Then i convinced the trans shop just to pull it and look. Sure enough there brand new solenoid wasnt working and ruined most of the clutches. So you never know

Agree. Also, it can be tough to tune a truck via email sometimes. All trucks are different. I found I was binding on my 3-4 shift or technically the 3-5 shift. Which knocked out a few of my transmissions direct clutches. Now, I haven't had a single issue ever since I had them fix the 3-5 shift. My guess is OP'S issue is binding shifts.

RSK

Reaction score
my buddy just knocked out his direct clutches on his 450 after his trans just got rebuilt with full suncoast parts and dpc converter because his solenoids weren't working. all it did was take of the direct drive clutches.

sd08

Reaction score
Why wouldn't a solenoid work?

When a shop builds you a transmission can you ask them to check your solenoid if they do work ??

Latest posts

Members online