6.4 up pipes

08strokerr

Reaction score
So yesterday I finally decided to lift the cab on my truck so I can change my leaking up pipe. I got the old ones off now it's time to order new and I ain't sure which route to go. Any input would be nice truck in mainly stock except tune and ******d. I will also be adding a no limit intake before i put it back together as I noticed when i took it apart the stock filter was getting sucked in pretty bad.

08Monster

Reaction score
For the money, the BD manifolds and up pipes are hard to beat. I did em on my truck, they are a nice addition. Truck seemed to spool up quicker

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

08strokerr

Reaction score
I live in central Ohio and am close to beech performance where he sells a hd set of up pipes for $275 has anyone on here ran his up pipes?

Rubenk

Reaction score
Ceramic coated stock manifolds with street diesel performance pipes and waste gate kit.

08strokerr

Reaction score
Ceramic coated stock manifolds with street diesel performance pipes and waste gate kit.

How do you like the ceramic coated manifolds. Did you notice any difference when you put them on performance wise or better turbo spool?

Black AOD

Reaction score
I live in central Ohio and am close to beech performance where he sells a hd set of up pipes for $275 has anyone on here ran his up pipes?

You're close to me then if you are Central OH. Pretty much what anybody is saying in this thread is right. Get a set of BD Manifolds and SS up-pipes and be done. RCD, SDP, whomever. They are all good.

6.4f350

Reaction score
You're close to me then if you are Central OH. Pretty much what anybody is saying in this thread is right. Get a set of BD Manifolds and SS up-pipes and be done. RCD, SDP, whomever. They are all good.

Have to use BD uppipes with their manifolds. They are 6.0 style so the elbow is in the manifold. Their uppipes are awesome though, they have actual heavy duty bellows in them that are rated for the pressures they will see, unlike most other "heavy duty" ones on the market.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Have to use BD uppipes with their manifolds. They are 6.0 style so the elbow is in the manifold. Their uppipes are awesome though, they have actual heavy duty bellows in them that are rated for the pressures they will see, unlike most other "heavy duty" ones on the market.

You don't "have to" . I have BD manifolds with RCD's SS up-pipes.

Rubenk

Reaction score
How do you like the ceramic coated manifolds. Did you notice any difference when you put them on performance wise or better turbo spool?

Love them, mostly for looks, but my truck spools hard and fast so I'm thinking every bit of heat management i've done really helped more than I first thought. I mostly did it to keep them looking good. They've lasted well for a few years now with LOTS of heat on them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if you need BD manifolds hit me up ! we can do 2nd day shipping on them for free !

08strokerr

Reaction score
if you need BD manifolds hit me up ! we can do 2nd day shipping on them for free !

I have been working with Jeremy at no limit on a package deal with a no limit intake and mdp hd up pipes. I'm going to send in my cores and order them unless someone has a major objection to mdp stuff. Also should I wait for the new no limit intake with the ccv in it or should I just do the reroute? Like I said in the beginning the cab is up right now would really like to have it back on the road by Sunday but I guess I could suck in the stock filter for another week or so

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if you do the no limit without the ccv in it, there will be a little hazy coming out from under your truck.

is how mine is. personally, i don't care.

if you do, you need to wait for the ccv in it.

and you don't have to use bd's up pipes with their manifolds. it's a 6.0 manifold, so you need a 6.0 style up pipe. NOT 6.0 up pipes, before someone misreads that and tries it.

as i said, and AOD said, we have bd manifolds and rcd's up pipes.

the thing you need to decide on, is if your going to keep the egr provision on the up pipes, or go without. i kept it. if i decide to put a wastegate on later, or sell it and for some reason need to put the egr back on, it will be a hellava lot easier.

Shafer171

Reaction score
I'm using rcd pipes in my build with 6.0 manifolds. I would have done the bd manifolds but I already had the 6.0 manis

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
Im switching over to the BD manifolds on my build this time with Rudy's H/D up pipes. The OEM 6.0 drivers side manifolds warped twice and I don't feel like wasting the money on more factory junk when the BD manifolds are so close in price. To me the ceramic coating is a waste my SS up pipes were ceramic coated from rudys and probably 3 months of driving that was all gone so I don't see the point maybe its just a Midwest thing that it doesn't hold up but ive never had luck with it

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Im switching over to the BD manifolds on my build this time with Rudy's H/D up pipes. The OEM 6.0 drivers side manifolds warped twice and I don't feel like wasting the money on more factory junk when the BD manifolds are so close in price. To me the ceramic coating is a waste my SS up pipes were ceramic coated from rudys and probably 3 months of driving that was all gone so I don't see the point maybe its just a Midwest thing that it doesn't hold up but ive never had luck with it

what was wrong with the BD up pipes ?

Latest posts

Members online