6.7 2011 Lariat FOCAL/JL Project advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Where I live there is a shop called Lakeside Audio, they have a great showroom full of entry level and competition audio equipment. I went there and listened to everything and thats what sold me on the Focals. Even the entry level Focals at 400.00 + a set were blowing away a lot of other popular brands comp stuff. And I could have left and bought them online somewhere cheaper, but given their knowledge and use of their showroom as well as having them right there I just bought all of it from them. I would suggest going to a place like that local to you and hearing it for yourself. Taste in sound is like a lot of other things, 10 different people will give you 10 different answers. But I would listen to a bunch of different set ups for the amount of money you want to spend before making a decision.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Well, in addition to the SuperCrewSound box, I ordered ONE JL Audio 10TW3-4 to stuff into it. I am between FOCAL and HERTZ for the components, and I cant decide whether to go 5.25 or 6.5 yet. Not sure if the 6.5 will hit anything inside, but I know others have made them fit.

I will make a decision by the end of next week. I should factor in the TYPE of music that I enjoy listening to, shouldn't I? Reviews are helpful as I see that people are starting to go with the Hertz now over Focal brand, but I am not going to judge solely based on those reviews. I went into the audio store but they approached me like I was going to compete against other audio lovers, ha! Not me.

I love my music, as I said before. I am all over the place with my music; I could go from City and Colour/Dallas Green to "Sangria" by Blake Shelton. On the drive in to work I have Howard radio on but I could be tuning into the latest from Above & Beyond, and then I might throw on some Killswitch right after...

I tend to stay away from Rap/pop with the exception of something catchy or popular on the radio. Again, I am not competing and I DO NOT need to blow my god damn eardrums out anymore than I already have from years with weapons training, pyrotechnics, and music through headphone ;)

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Doing 3 JL 10tw3's under the seat in mine firing up on a JL 650/1

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If you like bro bass yes lol, I like more subtle bass. I'm over my shake your truck apart bass days. But yeah two 13.5's would get down for sure.

nah just like to have more than necessary. not less than necessary. my 08 has 1 13TW5 and its pretty weak .

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the insight guys. Will those adapter plates allow a 6.5 to be mounted in the doors? I thought the magnet on the 6.5's was too large for the inside frame of the door, or at least I thought that was why they said only 5.25's would work...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the insight guys. Will those adapter plates allow a 6.5 to be mounted in the doors? I thought the magnet on the 6.5's was too large for the inside frame of the door, or at least I thought that was why they said only 5.25's would work...

Yes, and just depends on the dept of the basket.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I don't have any input on component sets but to run stock head unit you will need the clean sweep or a similar product and I 100% LOVE my JL slash amps.... There's my .02

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have any input on component sets but to run stock head unit you will need the clean sweep or a similar product and I 100% LOVE my JL slash amps.... There's my .02

clean sweep is kinda a pos. i had one once. i went to legit sound processing, and it was much better.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Thanks for the save, Mike. I almost paid for one today!

With the exception of your recommendation for Legit SP, any thoughts on an MS-8?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the save, Mike. I almost paid for one today!

With the exception of your recommendation for Legit SP, any thoughts on an MS-8?

lcq-I is what i used. i have 13 so not sure what works better on the old style units. but mine has a ton of control and made tuning simple.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Guy here is telling me I need Mosconi. He put me a quote together but wants me to come in to look at it. Never a good sign.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
2 sets of Focals, sound deadner on front doors and around sub enclosure, sound processor, install on 650/1 and 400/4 etc

CMCx2012

Reaction score
PTSUPERD, I wanna pm you if that's cool. I just need to know about the sound-deadening on doors, fitment of 6.5's, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online