6.7 exhaust

NickPic83

Reaction score
I love my flo pro 4" dual exhaust, Sounds great. Decent amount of turbo whistle with a nice tone and I don't think it's too loud either

bhudson

Reaction score
No difference in flow or anything if planning on running the no limit intake after the exhaust is done?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
No performance difference between 4 or 5 inch. I started with a 4" flopro straight and would put a muffler on it when I was working in cities and put the straight back in it when I was on jobsites. Good fitment with flopro. Switched to 5" AFE. Also good fitment and definitely deeper tone. I ran both the 4" and the 5" on my built motor setup and didn't notice a significant difference in EBP or EGTs.

OutlawII

Reaction score
How is the 5 inch with no muffler? I think iwill put a muffler on mine dont want anything too loud,i like quiet when im crusing down the highway!

mattmal9

Reaction score
How is the 5 inch with no muffler? I think iwill put a muffler on mine dont want anything too loud,i like quiet when im crusing down the highway!

I find mixed answers to this question. Some people say they have no drone, but personally when on the highway around 60-65 my truck has a pretty serious drone. I'm looking into maybe installing a resonator.

BK39

Reaction score
Seems like the guys with 15 and newer trucks don't complain about the drone as much as 11-14 guys. And then what's loud to one person, may not be loud to another. Personally, I didn't like the drone with the 5", the 30" resonator made it too quiet, so right now I'm running a 4" exhaust.

OP, if you were closer, I have a 5" with 30" resonator I could sell you. But shipping it to Bama may be expensive.

sootie

Reaction score
Seems like the guys with 15 and newer trucks don't complain about the drone as much as 11-14 guys. And then what's loud to one person, may not be loud to another. Personally, I didn't like the drone with the 5", the 30" resonator made it too quiet, so right now I'm running a 4" exhaust.

OP, if you were closer, I have a 5" with 30" resonator I could sell you. But shipping it to Bama may be expensive.

i wish i could find a 30" resonator in Canada :(

bhudson

Reaction score
What part of tx? I really don't know if I want a resonator or not. Guess I'll have to see once I get everything done and how it sounds

BK39

Reaction score
Dallas

The 5" with 30" resonator is almost as quiet as factory. That's why I took it off.

Stokt

Reaction score

I have a 2012 with 5" and no muffler. Doesn't bother me in the cab at all. Took a 12 hour road trip with my wife and two kids and no complaints.

bhudson

Reaction score
First diesel truck, but have always had at least 2 1/2" duals on all my gassers. Never bothered me much, but hell my hearing ain't what it used to be anyway.

1stock13

Reaction score
I have a 5 inch flo pro with their muffler. I'm probably going to pull the muffler off, at high rpms it sounds weird. almost like a gas truck with a bad exhaust leak. Maybe its me but its hard to beat the sound of an older cat inline 6. That's the sound i was more aiming for.

Latest posts