6.7 Power Steering Pumps

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
anyone had to replace one?

do they make better aftermarket ones or is this a case where ford brand is the better option?

ill be doing a RedheadGear box while Im at it too, so the whole power steering system can be like new again.

I have learned 150k of hard abuse on 37s with 20 X 12s will wear out some steering parts

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I have replaced a couple, one was on a 350 with wider than stock tires, the other was a 450 chassis cab. Never looked to see if there was anything better available as I just work for a dealer.
Tip for install however. If you have hydra boost brakes, when you start the truck after replacing the pump you will have no assist and the fluid will not be drawn into the pump until you pump the brakes a couple of times. It will seem like you have a bad pump.

sootie

Reaction score
I have replaced a couple, one was on a 350 with wider than stock tires, the other was a 450 chassis cab. Never looked to see if there was anything better available as I just work for a dealer.
Tip for install however. If you have hydra boost brakes, when you start the truck after replacing the pump you will have no assist and the fluid will not be drawn into the pump until you pump the brakes a couple of times. It will seem like you have a bad pump.

What dealer do you work at?

Latest posts

Members online