6.7 reliability

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Ok, understandable.

I had a chance to ride in a 2011 years ago and in stock trim it had some scoot. I was pleasantly surprised. Felt about like a street 6.4 tune maybe? Either way I was impressed w/ the stock power.

So if I'm wanting a little extra mpg (pipe dream in a 8800lb truck right?) get a late 2011 or 2012? 390 horsepower and 720 pounds-feet of torque is decent in stock trim.

97cherokee

Reaction score
it kept giving me issues and I was done with it, I got a fair price. no more having too worry about cab bushings, getting crap fuel and the cp4 grenading , the oil pan starting too leak, worrying about a lifter eating the cam, randomly spun main due too lack of bearing tangs, etc. next one will be lower mileage. oh and no more of that pesky typewriter noise.

97cherokee

Reaction score
my 14 got 18.5 back and forth and 22-23 on long highway trips and 14.5-15 towing my 30ft gooseneck before the turbo retrofit, after it dropped to 16,19 and 11.5respectively and that was me babying it...

powerlifter405

Reaction score
my 14 got 18.5 back and forth and 22-23 on long highway trips and 14.5-15 towing my 30ft gooseneck before the turbo retrofit, after it dropped to 16,19 and 11.5respectively and that was me babying it...

Thats d@mn good mileage.

Do the lifter and main bearing issues have anything to do w/ extended drains or do you think it was a low quality part/specifications?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Horse **** design.

My mothership company, Jasper, actually machines the block and main and installs thrust bearings so that the crank doesn't wobble.

I've installed 2 Ford remans that within their warranty time have had bottom end failure.. Eek

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Horse **** design.

My mothership company, Jasper, actually machines the block and main and installs thrust bearings so that the crank doesn't wobble.

I've installed 2 Ford remans that within their warranty time have had bottom end failure.. Eek

That being the case, is there an argument to stay w/ the ford diesel?

I wouldn't trust anything ford reman. When I had my 6.4, I went through 3 sets of reman heads to get a pair that weren't cracked. Thankfully it was all warrantied. As they were tearing it down I decided to get some manley valve springs, IIRC, and I sent them directly to the aftermarket shop that was magnafluxing the heads and their tech guys was saying the 6.4 reman head issue was extremely common. I guess ford is pushing profits up with pricing, cheap subpar parts and cheap subpar remans. A trifecta.

powerlifter405

Reaction score

What are your thoughts on this? https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Its supposed to be a Lariat, 3rd owner IIRC

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/vindecoder.php?vin=1FT8W3BT9BEB40144#vinDecoderFarea

It has leather heated and cooled touch screen radio sunroof power slide and folding mirrors adjustable gas peddle power rear sliding window locking rear end. 180k asking $27.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Its supposed to be a Lariat, 3rd owner IIRC

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/vindecoder.php?vin=1FT8W3BT9BEB40144#vinDecoderFarea

It has leather heated and cooled touch screen radio sunroof power slide and folding mirrors adjustable gas peddle power rear sliding window locking rear end. 180k asking $27.
When is the build date? I would stay clear of early 11 models.

live life full throttle

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Oct 2010.

Ok. The price is pretty good and its only a few hours from me and it's fully decked out so I was thinking neato speedo.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Oct 2010.

Ok. The price is pretty good and its only a few hours from me and it's fully decked out so I was thinking neato speedo.
Oct of 2010 would be a early possibility of job1 truck. Iirc the job2 trucks are the first part of the year thru july or august. Then they make the next year truck or something like that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Oct of 2010 would be a early possibility of job1 truck. Iirc the job2 trucks are the first part of the year thru july or august. Then they make the next year truck or something like that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Id stay clear then.

live life full throttle

Ok good info.

Found this one this morning. Build date of 5-2011, claim of no accidents

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Found out the red one has the PCM tuned, no tuner available and the factory exhaust disappeared. If i end up moving for work to an emission state then I'm screwed...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Found out the red one has the PCM tuned, no tuner available and the factory exhaust disappeared. If i end up moving for work to an emission state then I'm screwed...
Thats fine. Stay clear of anything prior to August of 2011 just to be safe.

Dont move to an emissions state. Lol

live life full throttle

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Hardee-har-har, you funny man! Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of work sometimes :shrug:

So Aug 2011, good to know. Appreciate that tid-bit. Every 6.7 I"m finding is pcm tuned and they don't have the exhaust so that is a PIA.

Thanks for everyone's input. We'll see what the next few weeks of searching will find.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lol. I know. That sucks..

Just be patient. It will take some time but you will find one. My brother finally found his unicorn after about a year of searching. Picked up a 2015 cc drw 4x4 from down in Texas with 75k miles for 36k..
8c8c86bd22f3e06db24ed64d9fe6b6e6.jpg

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
Lol. I know. That sucks..

Just be patient. It will take some time but you will find one. My brother finally found his unicorn after about a year of searching. Picked up a 2015 cc drw 4x4 from down in Texas with 75k miles for 36k..
8c8c86bd22f3e06db24ed64d9fe6b6e6.jpg

live life full throttle

He doesn’t wanna get rid of the front bumper does he? I’ve got a good chrome stock one I would trade him!

Latest posts

Members online