6.7 requirements

Blue Goose

Reaction score
plan to sell the 6.0 since I really like the new 17's. Question is, do the 6.7's require monitoring of the engine vitals like the 6.0's do?? I have a CS just for monitoring on mine now. My truck tows 10-12k lbs 1500 miles 4-5 times a year and that's why we like the new ones with the creature comforts that us old people enjoy. I plan to leave it stock so just trying to get prepared. Thanks.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If it's all stock just get in it and monitor how much fuel it has. Other than that you don't need to do anything.

Nj67

Reaction score
I would think you'd more then fine. I dont think monitoring is required but just being able to see a potential problem in the making would be a huge advantage. I dont think there's a guy on here that doesn't have some kind of tuner / monitor on their truck just for piece of mind.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Blue Goose

Reaction score
Thanks, I read a lot of posts but most everyone was running tuned and just monitoring was not mentioned. Thanks again.

Jomax

Reaction score
I run a monitor and I'm stock lol. I like seeing what my truck does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
The reason to monitor a 6.0 was the deltas between oil and coolant. Thats not a concern on the 6.7. The 6.7 coolers don't clog up like the 6.0.

That being said, I am so used to monitoring my 6.0 that I feel like I am forgetting something every time I drive my 6.7. I have thought about getting something just for monitoring, because I am so used to looking at all the numbers.

Notneb

Reaction score
Pull up oil and coolant temp on the trucks dash, and that's literally all you need. I towed with all the mods in my sig, at 70-80mph 11k lbs for 1600 miles. Oil temp never exceeded 210, it never kicked out of 6th no matter what the grade. I towed from Seattle to Tucson, 14mpg average, and it turned out the trailer brakes went out 400 miles into the trip, so I had to rely on just the trucks brakes and downshifting lol. These trucks just aren't even concerned with that little weight behind them.

tiderancher

Reaction score
Just bought 14 F250 6.7 w/ 23K miles. Other than some filter changes I've been running great. What would the members of this community reccommend for bulletproofing this truck? What tuners are the best out of the box? What ******s and what critical components are reccommended? Complete nub here so acronyms are on my list in the learning curve. Thank you to all who help me out.

sootie

Reaction score
Just bought 14 F250 6.7 w/ 23K miles. Other than some filter changes I've been running great. What would the members of this community reccommend for bulletproofing this truck? What tuners are the best out of the box? What ******s and what critical components are reccommended? Complete nub here so acronyms are on my list in the learning curve. Thank you to all who help me out.

lose the egr and particulate filter. tune with H&S. no limit cold air intake. done.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

gimme a call.

Blue Goose

Reaction score
lose the egr and particulate filter. tune with H&S. no limit cold air intake. done.

^^^^this. Is this done just to get more trailer snatching torque or is it a necessity? Again from what I've read so far I'm planning to stay stock but if it's needed I would do it. I don't need a race car but want a very strong, comfortable, dependable truck and I think the 17 is the best option out there. Just need to know if a couple thousand dollars needs setting aside to get that. Or not. Thanks for your replies and explanations.

JMart

Reaction score
^^^^this. Is this done just to get more trailer snatching torque or is it a necessity? Again from what I've read so far I'm planning to stay stock but if it's needed I would do it. I don't need a race car but want a very strong, comfortable, dependable truck and I think the 17 is the best option out there. Just need to know if a couple thousand dollars needs setting aside to get that. Or not. Thanks for your replies and explanations.

Don't need it. They run/tow great stock.

If you buy a new one, just drive the sh!t out of it and enjoy it.

Notneb

Reaction score

If you only do one mod: change out that intercooler plastic p.o.s. pipe!!!

Ipkyss

Reaction score

Even stock towing it will make your 6.0 seem pathetic. Seriously... These trucks tow awesome. Bone stock I was pulling 20k lbs with ease. Empty left me looking for a little more which is why I recently tuned my truck

tiderancher

Reaction score

Thank you. Are you familiar with the Everegree EGR DLete? Rather is there a reccommended kit? I heard that the H&S was responsible for blowing up a lot of stuff in these engines? Thoughts?

Anyone else like to offer suggestions? I'm taking all suggestions. Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
Bs about h&s not being good. I would go with the no limit Egr dleet

tiderancher

Reaction score
I keep asking this question on other posts but what parameters and what critical limits would you monitor, especially if you are running a Warhammer or similar tune?

Latest posts

Members online