6.7 Shaking just after "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" light

AirMedic84

Reaction score
Just wanted to get some information. It happened the other day too but I was driving home from work on wet road at 330 AM. The "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" light lit up as usual but them the truck started shaking at about 70 mph. It's a 2014 with 3700-3800 miles on it. There have been no trouble codes have popped up. When it happened the first time I was driving in stop and go traffic so I thought that was causing an issue while trying to clean the dpf. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I would just bring it to the dealer. If for no other reason, to have the issue documented so if you have more issues, they may do more for you.

Reaction score
Might want to read this TSB....MAY be what you have going on. Hope this helps!

2011-2013 F-Super Duty - 6.7L Diesel Engine - Runs Rough/Misfire During Exhaust Regeneration Process
See TSB: 13-05-09 for details. 13-05-09

Some 2011-2013 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit a runs rough/misfire condition only during the exhaust regeneration process. This condition typically occurs on light throttle tip in between 64-113 Km/h (40-70 MPH), and will not set diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). The concern may be intermittent and a knocking noise may be present during the concern.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Step 1- Did the customer indicate the message center displayed a Cleaning Exhaust Filter message prior to the concern?
Yes - proceed to Step 2.
No - this article does not apply. Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.

Step 2- Using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) or equivalent, retrieve DTCs from the Powertrain Control Module. Are DTC's present?
Yes - this article does not apply. Refer to the PC/ED manual for normal diagnosis.
No - proceed to Step 3.

Step 3- Remove the left hand cylinder head. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01.
Replace all eight (8) exhaust valves and valve seals.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
DPF/regen....strikes again.

When you get it back.........drive the piss out of it to make sure she'll hold and then let's get that sh*t off there

outacntrl

Reaction score
I never understood why techs would say that. They don't get paid to test drive vehicles. When I was still at a dealership if there was a TSB for a customer concern it got done whether I could duplicate it or not. OP keep taking it in and hopefully they'll get it figured out.

Reaction score
Dealer didn't want to hear about any TSB because they couldn't reproduce the complaint.

I would be looking at a different dealer then. The TSB is there to help them. In that particular TSB, it does not tell them they have to feel the shaking in order for them to go forward with the repair. Its a very straight forward TSB. Tell them to read it or take your business elsewhere. Good luck OP!!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I would be looking at a different dealer then. The TSB is there to help them. In that particular TSB, it does not tell them they have to feel the shaking in order for them to go forward with the repair. Its a very straight forward TSB. Tell them to read it or take your business elsewhere. Good luck OP!!

WHS! ^^

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dealer said they couldn't reproduce what I said happened.
imagine that... that is happening more and more.. find another dealer or search all the dealers and start taking it to each one till they say ok.. I have a left rear bent axle/hub/spindle and the dealership I took it to says the same thing. I even set up a jig with a straight edge and you can hear it rub due to it being out of wack but they say they cant see it on the videos I posted on youtube. I told them to just close their eyes and listen to it.. no need to see it.... no common sense I guess...

live life full throttle

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score

This! Good luck man, nothing worse than a dealer who don't want to help you.

AirMedic84

Reaction score
I'm on my way to pick up the truck. They didn't end up doing anything except driving it around. Hopefully one of the other 2 dealers will do something. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.