6.7 turbo

Duckdawg

Reaction score
I have a 2011 ccsb I just deleted and it has a mini max and 4in straight pipe. since deleting it the turbo is super loud and kinda sounds weird, this is my first diesel so I'm not sure how loud it should be or what kinda noises it should be making, I know this sounds dumb but idk if something's wrong lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
pretty normal on 6.7s since the vgt turbo probably normal, just make sure you boost doesnt go much above 22 psi, if your tuner is up to date you should be fine

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
should have a crazy swoosh sound and then whistle coming back down. sounds pretty awesome IMO , just gets old.

kevin

Reaction score
Wow I get way more then 22 psi.. yea the sound is way different then any truck I've ever heard before

Spatel23

Reaction score
over 22ish is along overspeeding the turbo from what I gather

As Dustin said, make sure your tunes are up to date or adjust the gate if they are

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow I get way more then 22 psi.. yea the sound is way different then any truck I've ever heard before

yeah, anything over 30 is way out of its map and way overspeeding. the 11-12's can see over 30 easy, but the 13's are tough to get over 28 ..

Duckdawg

Reaction score
Ok yea it got a crazy sound spooling up, I just didn't know if it was normal. Thanks guys

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mines a 11' must be lucky its got 80k on it.. guess I better update my tunes

not sure updated tunes will change anything. there's no rhyme or reason to the failure. they fail repeatedly on stock trucks and live forever sometimes on mod'd trucks.

gloan93

Reaction score
Made 51psi one day on a Messed up Tune Turbo sounded like it was going to Jump out from under the hood. which I happened to be sled pulling an never tested the tune. When I let off 319 ft later the gates of hell opened up too too too. Now have it smoothed out to no higher than 32 psi

11STROKER

Reaction score
Made 51psi one day on a Messed up Tune Turbo sounded like it was going to Jump out from under the hood. which I happened to be sled pulling an never tested the tune. When I let off 319 ft later the gates of hell opened up too too too. Now have it smoothed out to no higher than 32 psi

holy wow ! 51 lbs of boost is crazy lol

gloan93

Reaction score
I have a video and when I let off no lie their was at least a 6 seconds wastegate blow off. That was right at 10,500 miles now have 22,000 miles an still going strong!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I could only imagine how over sped that turbo was making that kind of boost. I had no idea it would even push that much air at any speed

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I could only imagine how over sped that turbo was making that kind of boost. I had no idea it would even push that much air at any speed

More boost doesn't mean more air. Once the charger surpassed its map, it dropped efficiency as boost got higher. Not trying to push your buttons, that's just how turbos work.

At 51psi, I'd be counting my blessings. That's insane it didn't grenade.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
More boost doesn't mean more air. Once the charger surpassed its map, it dropped efficiency as boost got higher. Not trying to push your buttons, that's just how turbos work.

You were counting blessings when you thought we hit 80psi in my truck on the test drive. LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

lets see.. if the stock turbo maxes out 180000 rpm at 35 psi ... what rpm was it making at 51 psi ? so far out of its map it was making massive back presure, tremendous heat, and doing nothing for power but robbing it. i assume the saving grace was that it most likely happened at high rpm saving the bottom end.

gloan93

Reaction score
I have no Idea I know I was on the rev limiter an It was a messed up custom tune that I didn't test out I GOT it an hr downloaded before the pull. I know the Diesel Gods were looking out for me Amen! I know 51 sounds crazy but it did happen!

WHY NOT

Reaction score

No buttons pushed. I really don't know much about turbos so I like to learn everything I can.

Sent from my I fone 5

Latest posts

Members online