62/70

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Who makes a reasonably priced 62/70 that I could run in stock location and a stock flange. Is industrial the only one? Theirs seems expensive as ****. If it would be more cost effective overall I could go with a different flange I guess. I have a stock fuel system with a RR and aeromotive 1000 in the very near future.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Well most of the money is tied up in the mount, drain, and flange adapter piece...A standard 62/70 S300 charger with no internal gate can be dirt cheap...

RCD has a nice set-up for the stock up-pipes, or you can go with a T4 up pipe set from MPD. Charger and new up pipes is about the same as the II kit...

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
What would be the advantage of going T4?

I can't say from experience, but with a set of divided up pipes to a T4 flange, you keep each bank of the exhaust separate through the divided housing of a T4. With the horrible collector design on the stock pipes with the use of a adapter you loose a ton of flow. The divided pipes reduce this and are supposed to allow you to spool a charger better than a T3 using stock up pipes and adapter.

Again, I have no first hand experience here...I do have a 62/68 charger with both a .70ar T3 and an .83ar T4 housing waiting for me to figure out what I want to do...:lookaround:

Extended Power

Reaction score
I ran a 64/71/.70 turbo...it wasn't even a divided exhaust housing.

Ran at a 1:1 drive to boost ratio up to 35 psi.

I ran it with stock injectors and with 190's with no issues at all.

I have a 63/68/.70 now...but it's used in a twin setup with 285/150 injectors....so it has no choice but to spool quick.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
I ran a 64/71/.70 turbo...it wasn't even a divided exhaust housing.

Ran at a 1:1 drive to boost ratio up to 35 psi.

I ran it with stock injectors and with 190's with no issues at all.

I have a 63/68/.70 now...but it's used in a twin setup with 285/150 injectors....so it has no choice but to spool quick.

How did the 64/71 run with stock injectors? How was spool? So you just ran it with stock flange?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I'm going to town this weekend and will put what I hav on a mock up motor. If all works right, nick can sell it to you for whatever price he want. Ill throw my adapter, ped, feed and drain for free

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
I'm going to town this weekend and will put what I hav on a mock up motor. If all works right, nick can sell it to you for whatever price he want. Ill throw my adapter, ped, feed and drain for free

I'd hate to imagine shipping on all of that and I'm in north alabama. Are there any events coming up you plan in being at?

Extended Power

Reaction score
How did the 64/71 run with stock injectors? How was spool? So you just ran it with stock flange?

Excellent.
Excellent.
Stock flange to a T3 adaptor.

Pretty sure there is one of these turbos around the forums yet.

Some said a 64 could not be run with stock injectors...it seriously ran awesome...in fact, I would say it was probably the best daily driver single turbo I had.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Excellent.
Excellent.
Stock flange to a T3 adaptor.

Pretty sure there is one of these turbos around the forums yet.

Some said a 64 could not be run with stock injectors...it seriously ran awesome...in fact, I would say it was probably the best daily driver single turbo I had.

I'll have to look around at a few turbos. I'm not exactly ready to pull the trigger but I'm real close ;)

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Damn that's not bad at all, for some reason I expected something crazy. I'll talk to nick and get back with you. If I buy his turbo would I be up and running with what you have?

It adds up. Within 2 months I've bought a no limit intercooler with all piping, precision waste gate, icon piggyback 2.5 shocks, OUO 3 link, OUO traction bars and blocks, and needing to get up his way to pick up a set of weld wheels...So ya I've spent a little bit of money with him and RCD

Only thing you would need is a t3 gasket and possibly a fitting or 2 for the oil line,

Other than that your golden.

We will get it checked this week and ill let nick pass on the info

Latest posts

Members online